P'aa Restaurant Lounge

Restaurant and louge. Lacto-vegetarian with a few vegan dishes. Has a daily menu (lacto-veg). Restaurant and bar is non-smoking, but possible to smoke outside. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, Macrobiotic, International, Beer/Wine

flightattendant
flightattendant

Nice Location*Good Quality*Tasty

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

This restaurant is famous in Linz. You can come with the whole family. Everybody will be satisfied with the meals. They have a lot of vegan meals. They are marked with a star. I will come back definitely!

Pros: Quality, Many Different Choices, Friendly
Cons: Not Cheap, Reservation Recommended
MichaeL.
MichaeL.

still not boring after years!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

I worked several years in Linz and was glad to be as near to go for lunch several days a week here.
I love this cooking. Meals got never boring, because they change regulary. Some classics of course stay within the carte.

Pros: tasty, friendly, organic
MitziTant
MitziTant

Yumm!

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I was absolutely blown away by the chocolate "chicken", I've never had anything like it before.
The place itself is very central and also sells organic groceries.

Pros: big portions, interesting dishes, located in the city center

Arif
Arif

Creative wide-ranging (but difficult to read) menu

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

Very creative and well-thought-out offering that failed to meet expectations. Everything was good, but nothing was spectacular. Too much of an emphasis on fake meats and white rice. Sauces are interesting but unimpressive.

Reading the menu is a real challenge since all ingredients are listed in detail. Many vegan and gluten-free items are well marked, but not always correctly, so be sure to double check.

Beautiful and relaxing surroundings with very helpful and friendly staff. Worth a visit, you won't leave hungry.

Pros: Pleasant ambience, Friendly, helpful staff, Many vegan and gluten-free options
Cons: Too much fake meat, Good, but not spectacular
drsnuggles79
drsnuggles79

Going vegan!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

If you like vegan food, the p'aa definitely is your place to go! The owner is constantly expanding the vegan choices on the menu, with the rest of the meals being vegetarian. Unfortunately most of the times only one vegan dessert is offered, but I hope they'll also start veganizing other desserts as well.

On weekends I strongly recommend to book a table for dinner.

My favorite starter are the delicious handmade dim sum which fill you up already, but leaves some space for a great veggie steak with potatoes.

UPDATE:

Unfortunately they partially seem to use convenience products in their menus which is an absolute no-go for a restaurant in this price range! this said i deduct two cows from my original rating.

Pros: great food, non-smoking, quiet
  • JohannesBraun JohannesBraun

dear dr snuggles79

thank u for ur honest critics.
    we are sad, that you deduct 2 cows from your original rating because of using convenience.

convenience-products are always used in our house. since the first day. we are not able to make veg-steaks and other glutein or soy-protein-products in such a good and tasty qualitiy as the specialists in germany and taiwan.

so, it is normal, to buy them.
    by the way, the veggie steak, that you liked in your posting, is a convenienceproduct as well.

if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. contact us anytime: johannesbraun0@gmail.com

thank u very much, have a nice day!
    hannes braun, p´aa restaurant delights

MargoDolan
MargoDolan

When in Linz....go Vegan at P'aa

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

Just had a fantastic Vegan lunch a P'aa in Linz. I had Thai Curry with "chocolate" seitan and Lars had Indian Curry. So good, best vegan food we've had since we left home and I think this restaurant could hold it's own in the US...very creative vegetarian and vegan food. The owner is Vegan. Our waitress Lisa was sweet and helpful with the menu which of course was in German!

Pros: Creative, Healthy , Vegan
Cons: So much food too much
  • JohannesBraun JohannesBraun

thank u very much for your nice posting.
    we weill tell lisa about it as well!

Tara HD
Tara HD

Excellent vegan and vegetarian food

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

This is one of the best vegetarian restaurants I've ever been to (and I've been to many). I have eaten there very often and most of the time the food has been excellent (with rare exceptions). There are always several vegan options though often only one vegan dessert.

Unfortunately, the staff is sometimes a little inattentive.

Pros: excellent food, nice ambiance
Cons: sometimes inattentive staff
  • JohannesBraun JohannesBraun

thank u very much for your posting.
    yes, our stuff is not always on top, you´re right.
    we are working with apprenties, we work with 15 year old kids for the time of 3 or 4 years. sometimes its a bit difficult.
    we are searching for a professional waitress or waiter. all the best, johannes braun, p´aa

Dear Owner and Manager of P'aa Restaurant Lounge: