Please send HappyCow some details! Price: Inexpensive more-less

booklover84
booklover84

Our Place - Hisaronu, Fethiye region, Turkey

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2009

Our Place is a lovely vegetarian restaurant just off the main street in Hisaronu (opposite the go-karting track). The food was excellent, particularly the meze platter and home-made brown bread ice cream. The owner, Yusuf,is very friendly and knows a lot about the local area as he used to be a tour guide. He speaks excellent English and is really welcoming. Don't be put off if the restaurant is really quiet when you arrive - sadly, a lot of people tend to shy away and prefer to visit the neon-lit restaurants of the main drag, that tend to cater wholly for English visitors with roast dinners and all day breakfasts - not what I go abroad to eat! Yusuf also lets people use his pool and bar during the say, so you can just go and relax by the pool away from all the noise and lights of Hisaronu. Also, those staying in nearby Fethiye and Olu Deniz should definitely make the short Dolmus trip up to Hisaronu to visit Our Place, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros: Great menu, Good Value, Friendly staff
Vegan Jonathan
Vegan Jonathan

Our Place - Hisaronu - Turkey

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2009

Just back (summer 2009) from a visit to Our Place. Yusuuf makes lovely home made food, quite a contrast to the nearby high street. He spoke perfect English (he teaches it locally having married an English woman) and was patient as he answered all my questions on the area and culture. He eats meat and there was a single meat dish but he understood and catered for my vegan requirements from the menu and without fuss (or prior warning). There is an outdoor bar and pool, there was wireless internet the night we went and I recommend it highly, even if my wife thought it was all a bit hippyish! I asked him why there were no doors or locks or security and he replied that it is "our place" and if you steal from our place you are stealing from yourself. It's a grand philosphy and summed the place up nicely for me. Charming.

Pros: Relaxed, Accomodating, Vegan
Cons: Too relaxed for some?, Seating areas could be too hot?, Could be 100% vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Our Place: