Serves meat, veg options available. Soups in bread bowl and vegetarian sandwiches. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer, Non-veg
627 West King St
Boone, North Carolina 28607
828-264-0173

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by smoorenc
AngelofMusic39
AngelofMusic39

Wonderful!

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

I went to lunch here with my sister and had an artichoke heart panini press, which was delicious. They had lots of other vegetarian options on the menu too. Also a great beer selection.

Pros: Delicious food, Vegetarian options, Friendly staff
Cons: Small space, Crowded
Elizabeth Herman
Elizabeth Herman

One Day's Tempeh reuben sandwich

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

I stopped in here for lunch after almost two weeks at the International Center for Meditation and Well-Being. I was exploring the college part of town. It was crowded but I got seated right away at the counter. The host was so friendly and the menu looked inviting, varied and veg-friendly. I immediately ordered the tempeh reuben sandwich with fresh fruit on the side. It was excellent and I felt so comfortable there that I had conversations with everyone, including the people in line for the restroom.

It's great to find a place that gives you a good experience, even in a town you don't know very well and haven't visited in years.... I would recommend Our Daily Bread for vegetarians and carnivores and omnivores alike. Prices were reasonable, service was fast and friendly, etc.

Pros: excellent food, friendly, fast service, healthy, varied menu choices
finnophile
finnophile

One of my faves

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

This is one of my favorite places to eat. Nice atmosphere. The food is excellent and there is a variety of inspired sandwiches.

Pros: Yummy, Variety
Cons: Sometimes service is slow

Helen Phillips
Helen Phillips

Our Daily Bread

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2010

One of the first non-traditional restaurants in our small area, Our Daily Bread has served interesting and delicious food for several decades. The menu recently has become even more vegetarian/vegan friendly. The food is always delicious both the 'old' standbys and the daily specials.

Pros: Delicious food, Interesting specials
Cons: The service can be a bit slow
smoorenc
smoorenc

Great food over comes the bad service.

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2008

My wife and I ate here in late November 2007. First The food at lunch time was fantastic. We each got the veggie chili and then a veggie sandwich to split. We liked them both very very much. That was the best chili either of us have ever had. The bread used on the sandwich tasted like it ws made that morning it was so fresh.
The micro brewed beer choice was good too. They even had a seasonal "Pumpkin Ale" that my wife liked.
Getting someone to service us at our table wasn't so easy, and they only stopped by to give us our food. I had to go up to the counter 2 times, once to get someone to take out order after waiting about 15 minutes and another time to get another beer.
The food is the saving grace of this restaurant. I would eat here again, but make sure you aren't in a rush or concerned about service. If the service was better I would have given it 5 happy cows.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good prices
Cons: Poor Service, Poor Service, Poor Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Our Daily Bread: