Serves meat, veg options available. A casual West London vibe with the majority of the pizzas suitable for vegetarians. There are also several vegan options, one of which is always on the menu. Specializes in cornmeal crust pizzas, with gluten-free options available. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg
6 Chepstow Road, Notting Hill (/off Westbourne Grove)
West London, England W2 5BH
+442077924088
Closed now

Mon-Fri 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Rahoul
bencamps
bencamps

Gluten free vegan freindly pizza place

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I visited Otto last Sunday (06.01.13) with my uncle who is a coeliac vegetarian, he struggles a lot more than me with a standard vegan diet. There was one vegan pizza on the menu but the friendly dude that served us said all vegetarian pizzas can be made vegan (complete with the awesome cashew-cheese) and explained how everything works. We both went for the artichoke & spinach pizza (they change daily I think) done as vegan. The bases of the pizzas are made of corn so for all they are not that big they are extremely filling. We washed this down with a gluten free pilsner and left very satisfied. I think someone from Otto may have read the last review as they now boldly advertise that they will use the same pan for orders unless asked otherwise. All in all well impressed!

Pros: Vegan friendly, Gluten free friendly, Just plain friendly :-)
igreenery
igreenery

Brilliant, but beware split orders

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

IMPORTANT.....

BEWARE THAT UNLESS YOU SPECIFY OTHERWISE, THEY WILL COOK YOUR VEGAN HALF-PIZZA IN THE SAME PAN AS YOUR DINING PARTNER'S CHEESE OR MEAT HALF-PIZZA.

Sorry to shout, but it was a shocker to me, and I'm sure it would be to you. This is their default stance. Eat-in or takeaway. They will never cook your order with a stranger's, however.

Once you know all that (and remember to repeat it on each subsequent occasion), the vegan options are delicious!

trinitybourne
trinitybourne

Awesome vegan option

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2011

We ate here last night during a one off trip to London. I found it here on happy cow and thought I'd take a chance.

It was brilliant. The vegan pizza bases are made of corn meal, rather than wheat. Really delicious. The topping was vegan cashew cheese, sweetcorn, red onion marinated in balsamic vinegar. Best pizza I've ever had. The staff were very helpful, pleasant. There are sometimes other vegan options too, although they serve other dishes (just veg-friendly).

The energy is totally unpretentious there, which we like a lot. A real feel of authenticity. Fast service. Very good prices for a meal out in London too.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again. Highly recommended!

I can only rate it four star because it isn't vegetarian. I would be happy to give it top marks though....

Pros: Vegan option, Friendly, Authentic

Rahoul
Rahoul

Delicious

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

Otto is a great place to visit if you are looking for an alternative take on the traditional pizza. Their cornmeal/polenta crusts are hearty, filling, unusual and delicious. The crust is quite heavy so half a pizza is normally enough for one person. At £10, this is fairly good value for the area. Their menu is mostly vegetarian with at least one vegan option (cashew cheese) and a gluten-free crust option (more expensive at £12/half). The service is friendly and the ambiance very pleasant, making it a wonderful option for lunch or dinner. There is outdoor seating available which is a bonus on warmer days.

Pros: Vegan options, Mainly vegetarian, Great atmosphere
Cons: Serves some meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Otto: