Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe offers some light ovo-lacto vegetarian food such as sandwiches, burritos, specials, and baked goods. Non-dairy coffee options available. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Fast food, Non-veg

JenniferRMadden
JenniferRMadden

Not so impressed

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2008

Ordered a drink with soymilk, it was made with cows milk. Food selection not great. Smug employees.

happyherbivore
happyherbivore

don't waste your time

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2008

the only vegan option is a $6.50 bean burrito which is the frozen variety by Amys that you can get at the store for $2. The only other vegan option is soy milk which is $2 for a small!

we ordered a chai with soy and it was unimpressive. watery for one and not very tasty. didn't taste much like a chai either

the "ambiance" was nice but smelled like an old thrift store

Pros: free refills?
Cons: smell, few vegan options
Luke R
Luke R

Great drinks! Go elsewhere for food. Anywhere.

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2007

The smoothies (vegan) and fresh-squeezed lemonade were very good and the ambiance was college/folk/eclectic. We didn't try any of the many coffees available.
But the food was a big disappointment. The only totally vegan option that I remember was the black bean and rice burrito. They confirmed that it was non-dairy by taking a plastic-packaged burrito out of the freezer and reading the ingredients. It tasted okay, though. Maybe I should find the brand at my grocery store. ;-) I thought it came with chips and asked, but the server said no, just one burrito and a cup of salsa (for $6.50). I later noticed on the menu that it should have come with chips.
My wife had the spinach quiche which came with a couple pieces of orange and some grapes. She said it was good, but a bit burned on the crust and soggy on the bottom. It was a nice size for an appetizer, but not for a meal.
My daughter got the vegan burger (was that a strand of cheese in the Boca patty?) on sourdough bread, but it looked like "Wonder Bread" to me and was also burned around the edges. No chips, fries, or anything with it.
We were so disappointed that we went down the street to Jasmine's to have a second lunch.
By the way, the drinks and ambiance were great!

Pros: Drinks, Ambience
Cons: Food taste, Food portions, Food selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Otherlands Coffee Bar: