Serves meat, veg options available. Has veggie options. irtagården was formerly all veg but no longer as of June 2008. However, as reported to HappyCow (May 2010), irtagården keeps two separate kitchens and avoids cross contamination with separate pots and utensils used for each. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Buffet, Salad bar, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by marikasaa
pcarlson
pcarlson

Poor quality and overpriced

2 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

Offers vegetarian options but nothing creative or exceptional. The location is the one thing it has going for it as the restaurant overlooks an indoor market but it is remarkably drab.

Pros: Does provide vegetarian options
Cons: Poor quality, Overpriced
olia_m
olia_m

You'll definitely find something to eat

3 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

Very wide range of starters and warm meals, both vegetarian and vegan. Good to keep this place in mind, when you are really hungry. The place is probably not the coziest in the world, but that's not what really matters when you are starving:)

Pros: wide choice
daniellinor2
daniellinor2

Cheap lunch buffet

3 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

A restaurant with a cheap lunch buffet in a pricy area of Stockholm (95 SEK). There are some fish cources in the buffet, but they're separated from the vegetarian main cources and the salads. The food is OK, the location of the restaurant is good, but the place is a bit run down and not very cozy.

Pros: Cheap lunch, Good location
Cons: Not very cosy, Food is just OK

kattguld
kattguld

1 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2011

First times I went there, I was satisfied. But then I think they switched owners, because they started becoming rude at the customers every time I went there. I stopped going there. :(

Pros: Buffé
Cons: Rude staff
iddewes
iddewes

Shame it now serves meat

3 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

I enjoyed the food for the most part, and it is very pretty in there, but I had to say something to the manager about their decision to start serving meat. He claimed it was to help business, but the restaurant was dead when I was there, and Hermans, which is still 100% veg, was packed when i went there later. Just goes to show...

Pros: good food, ok value, nice decor
Cons: have stopped being totally veggie
Kewin
Kewin

Rubbish and expensive

1 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2010

Different types of potatoes and rice for a rip off price of
125 kr!! A disgrace. I asked the staff if they any protein rich food and I got
the answer : "it's only vegetarian food today." How can they earn any high rates if they don't even know how to make vegetarian food rich of protein?have they never heard of something called soya??
I am sooo disappointed and feel ripped off. 1 out of 5 is my rate. The only good thing was the pianist playing my favourite pieces...

Pros: The pianist
Cons: No protein, No variety, Expensive
marikasaa
marikasaa

You won't leave hungry

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2008

Coming from Finland this is my favourite in my neighbouring country. Home made good food, plenty of choice for vegans. My favourites are warm beet-buns, rich bean salads and lovely desserts. The only danger is that you'll eat too much :)

Some say this place is a bit hard to find but just keep asking the Ostarmalmssaluhall (it's an inside market place) and when you find that just hop up the stairs and you'll find the restaurant on the 2nd floor.

Guest
Guest

A welcome oasis!

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2007

Yum! After a week in small towns in Norway (where I ate quite a few almond butter sandwiches), I was delighted that my husband brought me here. I was especially pleased to see brown rice and a *hot entree* with black-eyed peas a *lots* of veggies. I was in heaven. They had a second hot entree (ratatouille?), bulghur, terrific hummus and mumhara (sp?), as well as a nice variety of traditional swedish fare at buffets (salads and bread-type things). There was probably more, but I was so very, very happy to find brown rice and a hot dish with beans and plenty of veg.

Pros: whole grains and beans, excellent food, pleasant atmosphere
Cons: some rice a bit dried out, not open Sunday

Dear Owner and Manager of Ortagarden: