Orient Vietnamese Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Has some vegetarian options such as spring rolls (not fried), vegetarian ham, noodles tofu, tempeh, and others. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by Ribaldry
Ribaldry
Ribaldry

Tasty and inexpensive, lots of veg options

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2012

I do like to go to the Orient from time to time. Their cuisine is nothing fancy, but you get good-sized portions for not too much money, and there are lots of veg options. Their fresh spring rolls with tempeh and fried tofu, served with homemade peanut sauce, are my favorite things there. I don't usually get their pad thai, even though it comes with a tofu option, because I think it might have fish sauce -- I'd ask about that, as I'm not sure, and see if they can leave it out if there is any. That said, I recommend their veg-oriented Bun Chay Nuong, which has a tasty lemon garlic sauce, veggies, tofu, and rice noodles (and can be made with chopped veggie egg roll bites -- yum!). Their delicious veggie egg rolls, their curry potatoes and vegetables, and any of their mock meat dishes. Apparently they have vegetarian pho, too. It's worth asking about. The interior is Asian kitsch and is a pleasant place to chill out and eat. The only drawback is that their dishes don't contain enough actual vegetables for my liking, but they will add extra for a dollar or two if you ask. There are plenty of dishes for any meat-eaters that want to come eat with you, too.

Pros: inexpensive, plenty of vegetarian and vegan options, good for omnivores, too
Cons: must pay extra for more veggies, no soy milk for coffee, iced coffee

Dear Owner and Manager of Orient Vietnamese Cuisine: