Offer menu items such as mock soy burger, Japanese katsu-don, and vegetable sushi. Last order is 9:30pm. Summer 2013 moved from 14-63 Satsukigaokakita, Suita City. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Japanese, Chinese, Take-out, Delivery

necius
necius

Good food, great environment

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2015

In the middle of a very long day, my girlfriend and I decided to stop in at ORIBIO for lunch before we checked out the Suita Expo commemoration park. As I entered the restaurant I was struck by the range of foods available for sale out the front, particularly a wide variety of reasonably priced TVP (which I wish I had found a year ago, they would have made my life a lot easier).

We entered the dining area, and we were the only people there. The dining area was beautiful. It only seats 18 people who sit in two lines either side of the tables. We sat on the tatami side of the dining area. Behind us was a small garden area with a water feature. All around, it was very beautiful.

The server brought us a menu and water, and a few minutes later returned with an English menu. I ordered the katsudon set: fried "pork" (tofu) on rice, with some konyaku noodles and a soup; my girlfriend ordered the tartar "fish" burger set, which came with smiley fries and a glass of juice. Both meals were absolutely delicious, though a little small, and, while not particularly expensive, certainly weren't cheap by Japanese standards.

Overall, the experience was very positive. The location was a little round-about to get to, and the meals were a little small (if you're hungry, you might want to get more than just one meal), but the food was delicious and the environment was beautiful (the best of any restaurant I've visited in Japan). I'd highly recommend this place if you're in the area, and if you're not, I'd recommend eating here as part of a day trip to Suita.

Pros: Beautiful enviroment, Great food, Great service
Cons: Out of the way, Smallish meals
Vegeiko
Vegeiko

my absolutely favorite place

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2014

If I'd be sentenced to death tomorrow and the judge would let me go to eat at my favorite restaurant...... I'd go here and order "炭火焼き"(soy Teriyaki skewers) ベジカツ丼(rice bowl) and die.

If you think Japan's vegetarian foods are sucks, please go there before making your final decision... But the only problem is this place is in suburbs of Osaka need to take a bus or taxi from nearest station, and please call ahead the dinner is open from 7:00 pm and sometimes they close at night. Just writing this review makes me want to go there now!! Irresistible!!

LisaLisaLisa
LisaLisaLisa

Repeater No.1!

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2014

Peaceful cafe that serves up to around 16 people. Been there many times and the food is always absolutely delicious. Vegan omuraisu, donburi and soy meat skewers (!!!!!) definitely recommended.

Shop sells cheap dried soy meat which tastes really good if soaked and marinated. Vegan cup ramen and soy meat burgers, home made ketchup (the only ketchup in the world I ever liked), veg kimchi etc. Occasionally no egg strawberry shortcake and no egg cream puffs.

Reachable from Minami-senri. Twenty minute walk down hill. Turn left at crossing with convenience store and ice-cream parlour. On your right-hand side, behind bicycle parking lot with Italian restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 23, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Lots of soy meat products in shop, Very friendly staff
Cons: Location

JesseD
JesseD

Great Meal at a Peaceful Cafe

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2012

I found this place while on a work trip to Osaka using the HC app (meaning it was one of the closest to where I was), and was very pleased I did.
I had a delicious meal in a peaceful, downstairs room, and bought a few goodies to take away for my trip.
The owner/manager spoke good English and understood veganism well. Some dishes contain dairy, but many were vegan.
Definitely recommended!

Pros: good vegan food, peaceful dining area

Dear Owner and Manager of ORIBIO: