Market and deli next to Coconut Harry's. Makes veggie and healthy food. Carries fresh organic produce, bulk staples, snack foods, vitamins, and other natural products. more-less

First Review by Laura Grainger
Laura Grainger
Laura Grainger

Un-organic-oh.

2 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2014

I was so happy to see an organic shop in Nosara, and equally impressed that the prices weren't high. (It can be hard to find organic food in costa rica, but i had heard that Nosara was special because of its quite alternative community and that organic food was delivered weekly)
But after touring the whole shop and talking to the guy behind the counter, I came to realise that very little is organic here. Organic, I mean, in the sense of no pesticides, artificial fertilizers or GMO seeds.
All the price labels have things like 'Organico tomatoes' which are misleading.
This is a grocery shop with health food...I'm still confused as to why it's called 'organico'! Maybe by the time I come back they will have changed and become more in line with the principles that the name suggests? I hope so!

Pros: open when the market isn't happening
Cons: misleading labels, little organic food

Dear Owner and Manager of Organico: