Serves meat, veg options available. Bakery and cafe. Makes gluten free organic breads and baked goods of which many are vegan suitable. Cupcakes, muffins, cookies, are all vegan. For the cafe food menu, website states that will try to make a dish vegan when requested. 2014 relocated from Talbot Street. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Canadian, American, Organic, Bakery, Non-veg

Mon-Wed 7:30am-7:00pm, Thu-Sat 7:30am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-4:00pm

First Review by Petesternz
healthooray
healthooray

Best vegan carrot cake ever

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

The title pretty much says it all - they really do have the best carrot cake ever. It's moist, sweet and just perfect. I've tried their mock tuna sandwich but was not too impressed (but their in house bread was incredible). I really love the atmosphere there (the coffee is awesome too) and their selection of gluten-free breads is impressive!

SunflowerM
SunflowerM

Healthy AND Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

My daughter and I were out walking in the sunshine and decided to give this place a try. So glad we did! Very friendly staff, amazing bakery and delicious choice of meals. We shared a massaged kale salad and a BLT made with tempeh. Everything was fresh, delicious and made us feel so healthy!!! We had hoped to have room for dessert but chose to take something home instead.

Pros: Fantastic Food, Vegan and Vegetarian Options, Gluten Free
Cons: None!
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Good but I had hoped for more.

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

I had a cinnamon that tasted and chewed like it had been sitting for most of the day, except that it was 10:30AM. The smoothie was good. The seating area is a good meeting and eating place.

David Milmine
David Milmine

Lookin for a MOUTH PARTY !!!!

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

I'm working in London for the next little while and came in after having purchased their bread that they bake P my local fave (KINDFOOD - Burlington). My first visit tey had an incredible Vegan Philly Cheese Steak with Sweet Potato chips and bean salad on the side. It was just awesome. Soooooo good. My second visit I had Vegan Poutine with tomatoes and sprouts over lettuce. The poutine -- a party in my mouth. Roasted fries / onions / mushrooms with Vegan gravy and Daiya (LOTS OF IT) melted over top. Visit this place kids. You won't be disappointed. Huge selection on te menu --staff - very friendly and manager made sure to stop by the table to see if I had enjoyed my lunches. Super caring people who want to put the best food out that they can. BE SURE TO pick up some of the incredible breads / baked goods / buns for home too !!!!!

Pros: super fresh food, very intentional on the customer, great space
Cons: NO CONS
Scott
Scott

Some good vegan options

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

The gluten free vegan cookies are great! Other vegan options such as cupcakes, muffins, cinnamon buns are great as well. The wheat vegan cinnamon buns are a dream come true for vegans! The gluten free options are good as well, though need a few seconds in the microwave to make them just right. The new location is great inside! Location is one block from the Galleria with a great area to eat in. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Spoke with the owner on one occasion, and he was very interested in customer input, ideas for new food and gave me a great history of this grassroots business. Many vegan gluten free options, as well as some vegan wheat options.

Pros: Many vegan options, Many gluten free options, Good service
Allison Martin
Allison Martin

Not bad

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

As a strict vegan, I really only like going to bakeries that are 100% vegan just to make sure that I am getting a truly vegan item. This is an alright bakery, the new location is very nice inside...however, I think that it's in a dodgy neighbourhood...so I wont go there very often. As for the staff, they seemed a little confused about their products as well as the ingredients. Cupcakes I had were pretty good, I think they were vegan.

Pros: nice space
Cons: location, not fully vegan , not great staff
Petesternz
Petesternz

Yum, yum, yum

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2011

A bit out of the London core (but not by much), this place is worth the trip. The bakery is entirely vegan, and many of the options are vegan free. They make about 10 different types of cookies, and having tasted three types, let's just say I'm a big fan. Sold in bags of 20 or so, they are exceptionally yummy and available in a host of flavours. I enjoyed Lemon-Cranberry and Double Chocolate especially. Also LOVED the cinnamon bun and chocolate chip banana bread. Will definitely become a regular of this place.

• Petesternz Petesternz

Note: Organic Works now has a cafe as well. It's not entirely vegan but there are plenty of vegan options.

Dear Owner and Manager of Organic Works Bakery: