Serves meat, veg options available. Meat offered is poultry, otherwise veg. Live music most days. The owner offers nutritional counseling. There is also a small supplements and natural food area and an organic co-op where members purchase dry goods & fresh local produce. Note: The "vegan" meatballs may note be vegan - please check and confirm for HappyCow, thanks. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Organic, American, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2610 Spenard Rd (Northern Lights/Fireweed Ln)
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
907-277-7882

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by nooy
Sarah P
Sarah P

Excellent healthy vegan food!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

I ate at Organic Oasis last night, and was pleased to see the well-marked vegan options abound on the menu and specials. I ate the soup and salad with Ceasar-style dressing, and it was so filling and delicious! The soup I chose was a Tempeh Mulligatawny, and the small-looking cup filled me up. Even though I was busting at the seams, I ordered the vegan gluten free chocolate cake special, and it was densely delicious and worth the extra expansion of my belly (I took some to go). There was a sweet trio of instrumentalists playing on the stage, and the ambiance was relaxing. Families, people on dates, and single patrons sitting at the bar all seemed to enjoy the experience. I will return ASAP!

Pros: Healthy, delicious options, Many vegan choices, Excellent relaxing ambiance
Cons: Meat on the menu
DeGoshReed
DeGoshReed

Enjoyable meals

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

I have eaten here about 3 times and every time I had a great time. The servers that I have had were pleasant. The food was good and I went away full. It is a bit on the pricy side, I chalked it up to organic food in Alaska those two words added to vegan sound like a cash register drawer opening. All and all not an every day restaurant but its a nice treat for the vegan who has been making there own meals every day. My wife makes all my food so really it's a brake for her.

Pros: Tasty , Fast service, Vegan friendly menu
Cons: Price
abbydoo
abbydoo

Poor service

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

Our group of about 6 decided on Organic Oasis to accommodate my dietary preferences. I've been to the restaurant once before and had a fine experience, but this time was enough to make me never go back. The wait was long. They were out of the dish I wanted. The appetizers didn't come until our dinners were served. I could have looked beyond these things until my second-choice dinner arrived uncooked. The server disappeared and did not check on the table until he came to see if we wanted dessert. I told him my dish was uncooked and he seemed confused, but hardly concerned. Two hours of waiting and the only vegan at the table didn't even get a dinner.

It is possible to come here and not have a problem, but, as there are other restaurants in town willing to accommodate vegan diets, it is not worth it.
[edit by staff]

Pros: Has vegan options marked on menu
Cons: Poor service, Out of items on menu

cindy_seattle
cindy_seattle

Good food; great ambiance!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2010

I've just read the previous reviews and am surprised at the overall negative comments. My friend and I are from out of town and I'm always looking for vegan restaurants, or at least vegetarian in parts of the country such as Alaska, where organic food is a blessing to find. I am raw vegan at home, but must sometimes settle for vegetarian at best, depending on the locations. Regardless, my friend eats a Standard American Diet and was honoring me by agreeing to try a place that I might be able to eat. Believe it or not, we were both so impressed we're going back Thursday nite before we leave town! The restaurant is open Mondays until 6pm and Tues. thru Sat. until 9pm. I was pleasantly satiated with a cup of coconut/potato/curry soup; spinach/artichoke dip with small pieces of flat bread; hot tea with a wonderful mix of herbs complete with metal tea strainer on top of a huge mug with a small plate covering it to steep the herbs for at least 5 minutes (according to the waitress). For main course I enjoyed a vegan wrap that was so large I couldn't eat it all, so I carried home leftovers for lunch the next day! All this, while we were seated near the stage where pleasant dinner music was being played by a wonderful guitarist. The seating area decor is darker wood with pleasantly calm surroundings; similar to a small restaurant/lounge. I wanted a wheatgrass shot, but the waitress had to apologize as someone didn't grow their last batch of wheatgrass properly and the current batch wasn't tall enough yet. The floor, tables, dishes and everything looked nice and clean. There is a small bar in the corner where they serve wines with a few bar stools as well. They also have a vegan carrot cake which my SAD friend said was scrumptious! Very filling meal with leftovers and I walked out after paying approx. $30 for my meal and appetizer for the both of us. Very similar to the type of prices in like restaurants in Seattle, serving up good organic food, handmade and not processed! I'm surprised by some who expect something exceptional for little to nothing! Just a difference in perspective I suppose! In summary . . . I was pleased! Hope the owners decide to gradually move into stricly vegetarian/vegan fare!

Pros: food tastes good, numerous choices, atmosphere
Cons: little difficult to find, away from street, not strictly veg/vegan
Cheryl1
Cheryl1

unclean

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2009

On my second visit there, watched the server make some juices, she didn't clean her hands, wiped her nose with the back of her hands. With my food she laid the napkin, silverware onto a dirty counter. I purchased a wrap both times, taste was good, but with the second one, I became so sick, don't know why. Oh, did I not say, OVERPRICED. Very hard to find food for Vegans here, hard to find someone that even understands it.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: unsanitary, dim lights
Guest
Guest

consistently dissappointing.

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

With a name like Organic Oasis, one might think that they would be more keyed in to things like veganism, allergies, and other ways of eating. On one of my last visits, my server was confused about what veganism was, and did the 'WHAAAT? you don't eat CHEESE? I can't BELIEVE IT! Why would someone want to do that? How weird!' thing.
Their food is really bland and overpriced, and the restaurant is -very- cold and dimly lit.

Pros: location
Cons: food, service
amandalkent
amandalkent

Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Alaska

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2008

Alaska does not have much to offer in the way of vegetarian-friendly cuisine, so this restaurant is a welcome surprise in Anchorage!
Their food is very fresh. The portion sizes are very generous.
And when a smoothie was not on the menu that I wanted, they custom made it for me.
In my travels to Anchorage, Organic Oasis was a MUST STOP for me!

nooy
nooy

really wanted to like it

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

We kept going back to this place again and again, because it was the only almost vegetarian place to eat in all of Anchorage. But, we were disappointed every time. Flavors are bland. In an attempt to be so hippy, I feel they really missed the boat when it comes to good food. I can only speak for the vegetarian dishes, maybe the meat dishes are better. And it's overpriced. too.

Pros: healthy cuisine
Cons: overpriced, tasteless

Dear Owner and Manager of Organic Oasis: