Serves meat, veg options available. Organic shop and cafe. Coffees include soya milk options. Formerly all vegetarian but no longer as of August 2008. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, English, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Anna
Jonathan Smith
Jonathan Smith

Variable

3 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2010

Has a nice ambience but the food and service are variable. I've had nice food here, but also bland tasteless food. There are vegan options but they are much less in evidence since the place started serving meat a while ago. Good for coffee and cake though and good when they're having a good day.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Fresh juices
Cons: Variable quality of food, Variable service
Alex82
Alex82

Not good for vegans!

2 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2008

Having always been pleased with the food I have had here I was hugely disappointed today. This cafe now sells meat and fish and is not careful about how it prepares and serves food. Today I ordered a vegan hot chocolate made with soya milk, while the person I was with ordered a mocha made with cows milk. I was told which drink was which when we were brought them, but when I came to drink some it was apparent that I had been given the mocha made with cows milk. As a vegan I was very upset to have drunk cows milk. Staff were very apologetic but that is no good. This should not have happened. I will not be going back.

Pros: None
Cons: careless staff, Little awareness of vegan diets
kilgore
kilgore

Always a treat

4 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2007

We're frequent visitors to Hebden Bridge and almost always stop at Organic House, even if just for tea/coffee and cake. Almost always busy (which is a recommendation in itself), the cakes on offer always include some vegan offerrings, and are all scrumptious. My one criticism would be that the food can sometimes be a little on the dry and bland side - a selection of relishes wouldn't go amiss, to liven up the veggie burgers in particular. If you can't get in, The Runcible Spoon over the road also does lovely food and cakes, and always has vegan options (but is sadly too "meaty" for it's own Happy Cow entry).

Pros: Nice choice, Vegan cakes, Good friendly service
Cons: Food sometimes a little dry, A tad expensive

Anna
Anna

Poor service

2 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2007

I went to this cafe having read good reviews about it, but was very disappointed. We ordered 2 sandwiches but had to go back and ask where they were after 45 minutes as they hadn't arrived.

The menu looked good but the service was really bad and the cakes were really small.

Pros: Good menu, Organic food
Cons: Not very good value, Poor service

Dear Owner and Manager of Organic House: