Vegan restaurant and juice bar. Large menu features appetizers, wraps, grain bowls with vegetable, desserts, beverages, and many living food dishes. Hosts food preparation classes, free lectures, and music events. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Catering

First Review by SbutterAMfly
sirrahfay
sirrahfay

extra delicious

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

I eat here all the time and have been for years. Food is consistently tasty clean and healthy!!!

Pros: extra deliciouse , healthy and raw , organic
saveur
saveur

Pleasantly Surprised

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

I figured this wouldn't be able to compete with my vegan dining experiences in big cities but I was wrong. This was a great restaurant and worth a drive from Salem, if not even more than once. I had the sampler which was overflowing with food. The Cheezy burger plate was great and we enjoyed the kale chips. The cashew chai tea was like a warm hug on such a cold day. I had a raw bagel for take-away and I blown away by how similar it tasted to a baked good.. wowzers! Prices were what I would expect and I thought the servings were big. I took a bunch to go home. It is a fair warning that they won't have everything on their menu available, even their specials but everything that we ate was great. Highly recommended

VeganPlease
VeganPlease

really good food and good for you

3 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

good food. different options. they run out all the time so pick three things you want and HOPEFULLY they'll still have one (even though they started serving dinner a 1/2 hour ago). expensive, small portions, tiny uncomfortable seating and the feeling that you're not really wanted unless maybe you're a regular. all that being said I'll go back to... their food is really good and they have great raw, vegan deserts also.

Pros: good raw vegan food
Cons: expensive, uncomfortable environment, they run out of specials early

Loulou
Loulou

Try the sampler and the pizza!!

5 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2011

This is a great restaurant with a cool vibe and we went here on our raw tour of NE USA. There are quite a few options and I can highly recommend the Sampler plate as you get to try a bit of everything. We also had the cheez burger plate and the pepperoni pizza which looked amazing complete with raw pepperoni made from sun-dried tomatoes.

Pros: lots of raw options
autumndandelion
autumndandelion

Delicious!

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2011

I've been to Organic Garden twice now. This has been my only experience with raw vegan cuisine, and I love it! The meals are excellent, as are the desserts. I want to try everything on the menu. Everything is so tasty, and each dish is so unique. I've never had anything like it.

Pros: excellent food, unique options
Cons: small portions, expensive
CarolR
CarolR

Outstanding!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2011

Went here for lunch with my mother who is a big meat eater and husband and had a delicious 3 course lunch. The Indian salad and dressing was really tasty, the salad fresh and delicious - the Vegetable Korma with onion relish was soooo good and dessert was just perfect - my mother couldn't believe how tasty and exotic raw food could be. We got a pizza to go, because the restaurant is more than 60 miles from where we live, but well worth the trip for lunch. My husband enjoyed a glass of wine, my mother had a beer and I had a fresh vegetable juice - everyone was happy. Wish there was one nearer to us, but will definitely make this a regular lunch or dinner spot.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh, Delicious
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Unique but very expensive with small portions!

2 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2009

This was our first experience eating a fully raw meal, and we were pretty excited about trying it out. We split a cup of the raw soup of the day, which was an "unchicken noodle" soup (the "noodles" were zucchini strings), and we each ordered the nut butter squash ravioli with cashew alfredo sauce entree (made from fresh red beet 'shells' and garnished with roasted rosemary walnuts). See uploaded photos. While the soup was pretty unremarkable, the ravioli entree tasted delicious. BUT... It sure should have been, though, because you only got 8 little "ravioli," which were mimimally-stuffed, small beet slices for $15! Needless to say, we left Rawbert's very hungry after having shelled out $46 with tax and tip. Also, the place has a very crunchy-granola, laid back vibe -- which wasn't a great thing in this instance. Our water glasses never got refilled, and we were done with our entree by the time the waitress came by to see if we needed anything. When I go out to eat, I want to feel satisfied and satiated after eating my meal. Rawbert's left us pretty disappointed.

Pros: ravioli entree was good
Cons: expensive, tiny portions, inattentive waitstaff
seastar
seastar

Organic Garden Cafe: Delish!

5 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2009

I have been to the Organic Garden Cafe in Beverly several times, and have also brought several friends there, most of whom are not raw foodists. I myself love raw cuisine, but I am not even 25% raw, I am just too lazy :-) So when I checked this place out and found the atmosphere to be cozy and intimate, the food to be fresh, creative, and sooo delicious, and the prices to be gourmet-reasonable (think of how much more it costs to buy organic, fresh whole foods and spices, and the time involved in preparing raw feasts...) I was hooked! I am planning to go there again next week, and will bring friends. I recommend it, and can't wait to have another one of their cashew-milk cappuccinos. So good you want to lick out the cup to make sure you get it all!

Pros: ambiance, extensive menu, fresh & tasty
sandberry
sandberry

Much better than expected

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

We went here having read all the negative reviews and we only decided to go because it was our only local option. However it was fine, the food was decent, the corn chowder was lovely, we had tasty sandwiches and cakes and a smoothie each and it wasn't particularly expensive either.

Joey
Joey

My first raw food restaurant

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

Back in 2000 my DH and I visited the OGC and we just loved it. It was my very first experience eating in a raw foodery. I was hooked from the first bite. I met David Wolfe at the OGC and enjoyed my first young coconut. Memories I will cherish for ever!

Pros: healthy food, tastes amazing, wonderful people
Cons: none
Mecavtp
Mecavtp

Poor Experience

2 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2008

Long story short, the food is very expensive, and the owner who was our server/chef was rude. As for the actual food, it was ok, not good, and not $14 an appetizer good. I also left hungry, and with an $80 bill. Suffice it to say I do not recomend this restaraunt.

Pros: vegetarian
Cons: Expensive, Rude, Not Filling
SbutterAMfly
SbutterAMfly

I can make better food at home, for a lot less mon

2 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2008

A 100% raw friend and I (75% raw) came here, and were really disappointed in the quality of the food, as well as how well things are explained in the menu. It would be nice if the menu pointed out which dishes were 100% raw, so those of us who do not eat ANY cooked foods can find them easily. Not to mention the cost for the amount of food you get! A spring roll dish that comes with 2 spring rolls on a bed of greens costs $14! I'm planning on staying home and continuing to make my own raw meals.

Pros: nice environment
Cons: expensive, poor menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Organic Garden Cafe: