Orchids Restaurant

Family-style vegetarian restaurant serving tradition Indian dishes as well as a variety of international cuisine, including Chinese, Italian, Mexican, and American. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Western, International, Pizza, Indian, Catering, Take-out, Delivery
Durgakund Road, Bhelupura (Chetmani Crossing)
Varanasi, India
5423246634, 9935573331

First Review by H
H
H

Delicious & Clean! The only place I'll eat at here

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

This place is great, and is the only restaurant in Benares that I'll eat at if I can't cook for myself in home. Reason being is: #1, It's CLEAN!! (well, relatively of course) That's reason enough, don't you think? But #2, It's Delicious! They do a really great job and the food is always tasty and comes out piping hot. #3, It's not too pricey. I spend about 200 rupees every time I go. $4 for a tasty, filling, clean meal in India? I'm down!

I always get the Indian Platter (thali) which fills me up just right. If you offer some mild persuasion to the server, you can switch out some of the items in the platter to try different things. I think their Palak Paneer is especially good (pureed spinach with cubes of Indian-style cheese). Of their Mexican food- not so authentic, but oh so tasty! - try the tacos.

And a really cool thing they do is they'll pack you a special to-go meal that you can take with on the train! Pretty neat.

Pros: Clean, Delicious, Affordable
Cons: Mexican platter needs more beans

Dear Owner and Manager of Orchids Restaurant: