Orchard Nutrition Center

Well-stocked natural food store in Redding California. Has organic produce, deli, vitamins and nutritional supplements, bulk food items, and more. more-less

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Wynter
Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

Good for groceries, not for fresh food

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

I was excited tot try this place after reading about their amazing sandwiches. I even called ahead to make sure they had vegan items in their deli, since I was just driving through, and was told they did. The place is pretty big and has lots of different premade food items/groceries, and there were lots of shelf-stable vegan options. However, the deli itself looked more like a butcher shop than a place to get a sandwich, the case was filled up with slabs of meat. I actually looked around thinking I was in the wrong spot. I asked the guy behind the counter if I could get a vegan sandwich and he said they were out of vegan bread!!! They were also out of three cheeses, peppers and at least three other ingredients. I was not impressed and ended up just buying snack food. I would probably give this place more stars if I hadn't been told ahead of time there was plenty of vegan food in the deli only to arrive and find there was absolutely nothing. Still, when driving through the middle of nowhere, it is a good place to stop for provisions.

Pros: Large Store, Lots of snack options
Cons: Out of vegan bread, Deli is ver "meaty"

Best shopping experience yet.

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

I love this place! I can't ever wait for payday JUST to be able to come here and eat their vegan deli sandwiches and browse for new vegan items. They always stay up to date and have the latest vegan food items.

Pros: has local produce, lots of new vegan products, fun happy atmosphere
Cons: in a funny spot in town

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2010

LOVE the variety here! Everything from bulk herbs, spices and produce to supplements, cosmetics, and even a deli! Prices are also pretty good, but most supplements I can get a lot cheaper online.

Pros: Huge Variety, Great staff
Cons: a little pricey on some items

Dear Owner and Manager of Orchard Nutrition Center: