CLOSED: Orange Cat Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Primarily organic restaurant offering a couple vegan menu items: veggie delight and PB&J (or other organic nut butters) in addition to veg specials which might include vegetarian pizza and vegetarian chili. Has organic gelato and sorbetto (vegan) products from Maine. Breakfast & lunch all day. Sources locally as much as possible and organically wherever feasible. The restaurant composts and recycles extensively, and the coffee grounds go directly into their organic garden. SHUT DOWN IN EARLY 2012 LOOKING FOR NEW LOCATION. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
21 Elm St (South St)
Glens Falls, New York 12801
518-636-5584

Open Mon-Sat 7am-5pm, Sun 8am-5pm.

• Cash only

First Review by susan.cumings
susan.cumings
susan.cumings

such a great find!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2012

It is so nice to find good people and good food! I had taken my 8 year old to the world children's museum, and we needed lunch. It is so great to be able to eat out when away from home without making any compromises. I had my preferred vegan lunch (this time it was their signature veggie special with steamed & raw veggies, brown rice, and yumminess) and the kid had carrot ginger soup and a grilled cheese on local sourdough, followed by organic gelato. We both were full and happy. The staff people were nice and friendly - I noticed many customers were greeted by name - it's the kind of place where they will get to know you, but even when you're new you feel welcome and well nourished. I understand they are looking for a new location - hope they find one soon so we don't have to wait to rejoin them. Cozy, nourishing and good for you. Yay!

Pros: healthy, generous, friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Orange Cat Cafe: