Serves meat, veg options available. Small, mostly veg cafe. Has a page on menu for vegans and will cater to vegan requests. Sandwiches, wraps, salads, wraps, juices, and more. Uses organic juices and produce and healthy ingredients. Also a location in Richmond Heights. M-Sa 10am-9pm, Su closed. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan
rawfit
rawfit
  • raw

Lunch

2 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2012

I found the staff unfriendly. The vegan wrap I had was poorly wraped. It has a fast food flair. I will not be going back.

Pros: some vegan selections
Cons: unfriendly, fast food flair
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Healthy, Tasty Food

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

I really enjoy going to OR Smoothies and Cafe for lunch. It has healthy, tasty food with a wide variety of vegan options. The fresh spring rolls w/dipping sauce, the house salad, and the ginger/carrot/apple juice are particularly delicious. My husband really enjoys the veggie burger, and I keep meaning to try the tempeh wrap.
That being said, I do not find the employees to be very friendly, and I think the food is overpriced. I continue to go back because of the healthy, vegan choices they have for lunch, but I always question whether it is worth it. I will give it four stars simply because I frequent them about once/month, so I obviously enjoy it.

Pros: Healthy, Good vegan selection, Great Fresh Juices
Cons: Unfriendly Staff, High Prices, Difficult to find parking
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I don't know why they write 0 grams of fat...

3 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

I find it kind of funny they say the Esekial Wraps are 0 grams of fat on the menu, you can pick up a package of them at Whole Foods and read the fat content (3.5 grams for the small ones) I believe OR uses the large. It makes me wonder if they mislabel and misunderstand that so blatantly what else are they cutting corners on? I definitely like the new location a ton. Great seating, saw lots of interesting people enjoying their food. The tempeh wrap was ok, but again, the owner pretty much doesn't like to communicate and getting any customizations are, tough. I think she means well and definitely is friendly to my friends, but I think she remembers me from years ago at the old location when she gave me a non vegan wrap and I dumped it in the trash and walked out when she accused me of not ordering it correctly. If you can so how get on her good side you'll enjoy this place.

Cons: unfriendly

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

LOVE THE NEW LOCATION!

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2009

This new location located in the trendy Central West End area is awesome! It has a large (compared to that other location) dining area so there's plenty of seating.

I'm hopelessly addicted to their spring rolls, so I ordered those this time around. My counterpart got the vegan burger (which is always amazing - make sure you get the vegan cheese added to it!). Those are two things I always highly recommend on their menu. Their smoothies are out-of-this-world! I love the Acai Bomb and the Miracle Green!

There are signs that say, let us know if you're Vegan (which is great!), so you know they're not messin' around.

As always the staff members are very friendly/sweet. This is my #1 Vegan place to eat at in St. Louis, try it (it get's 5 cows from me, but this only allows 4)! :)

Dear Owner and Manager of OR Smoothies and Cafe: