Oottapura

Overlooks the sea with sunset view. Open all day for drinks, snack, and meals. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian
Papanasham cliffs, Varkala (near Helipad )
Kerala, India
n/a

First Review by tinkerbell
Yury
Yury

The food is just too good!

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

100% vegetarian restaurant with vegan options and sea view. Menu is very diverse, from indian and kerala dishes to italian pasta and sandwiches. Staff clearly knows what "vegan" means, so just ask if the entry in menu is vegan. You can also ask not to put specific products like onions or garlic. Food is excellent. I highly recommend visiting this one if you are in Varkala.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, big portions
Cons: vegan options are not marked in the menu
tinkerbell
tinkerbell

FANTASTIC FOOD- all veggie

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2010

We visited here on the recommendation of the Lonely Planet book- we were not diasppointed.
Fantastic food and really chilled atmosphere.
Has a great view of the sea from atop of the cliffs.
They don't mind if you sit and chill with a book, drink and snacks.
They remember us each year when we visit, and even ask after out children. Bringing them back next time.

On the first visit, I had arrived unwell due to dodgy food on the plane- they cooked me a dish which sorted my stomach out and gave me my energy back. Don't know what it was but it tasted fab.

Love the place +++++

Pros: Excellent food, great staff, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: basic toilets- not the worst though

Dear Owner and Manager of Oottapura: