Small vegetarian and vegan friendly restaurant specializing in Thai Isaan food. Most main dishes are vegan and has smoothies. Dishes include a variety of curry dishes including green, masaman and panang and other dishes. Also sells a range of smoothies/shakes. Located on the main road opposite Tesco Lotus Express; a 15-minute walk from the River Kwai Bridge. Holds Thai vegetarian cookery classes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai

MMaree
MMaree

Amazing everything!

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2015

Lovely ladies cooking amazing food! The Tom Kha was amazing, pumpkin hummus was a positive surprise (if you don't like coriander/cilantro ask for mint. A lovely fresh twist), the curries very nice, great laap ishaan; bit sour with a fresh mint taste. But the winner for sure was the banana flower salad!

All the main dishes are 50baht, 30 for amazing shakes and only 10 baht for some healthy brown rice. Very nice vegan Thai food for not too much baht's. Go and try the banana flower salad asap! And if you want: join a cooking class with Miss On. Which we did at the end of our month volunteering at ElephantsWorld :) We learned a lot and On is an amazing lady. Glad that the restaurant is on HappyCow!

Pros: Best Thai food, Lovely staff, Free water
Plantpower
Plantpower

Delicious, satisfying, fresh food.

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2015

Definitely one of the best Thai foods I've had in Thailand ever. If not THE best. It's prepared right there fresh on the spot, with fresh ingredients and no msg. Only two dishes contain eggs which On can leave out. She does use some sugar, so better to tell her to leave it out if you don't like that. Every main dish is 50 baht + 10 baht for brown rice. Drinking water is free (it's safe to drink as it's bottled water). I ate there 3 times in the 2.5 days I was there. On's place is all you need. Also meat eaters seam to love this place.

Pros: Fresh, Delicious , Cheap
jeroenkusters
jeroenkusters

High quality, low price

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

On has magic hands when cooking the very tasteful dishes. Every meal same price, only 50 bath. It's a small restaurant, so don't be shy to share a table. I ate here 4 times, 4 different dishes. The spicy panang curry was my favorite.

NemesiaInvidia
NemesiaInvidia

just amazing!

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2014

All we have ordered was fresh, tasty, cheap, and amazing! I'm so happy to found On's Thai Isaan that I come back for sure! The owners are very friendly and if you love the food you can take cooking class in the restaurant.
Even carnivor loves this restaurant.
Don't wait! ;)

Pros: fresh " a la minute" , healthy, friendly
Cons: nothing
MichaelaWilkins
MichaelaWilkins

AMAZING fresh, vegan and veggie food!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

Went to this restaurant everyday when i was in Kanchanaburi, simply because the food was so fresh flavoursome, really cheap and the lady that does all the cooking is so lovely and friendly!
Spent a year in South east asia and India and this was by far the best food i tasted on the whole trip!
Banana flower salad was incredible!!! :)

Pros: amazing fresh food, lovely happy staff, everything veggie and vegan
SteffySteff
SteffySteff

Maybe best in Thailand?

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2013

This is one of my favorite Restaurants all over Thailand. On is a sweetheart and she prepares the food pretty much in front of you.

While I stayed in Kachanaburi I went there everyday, my favorite dish was the cinnamon soup. Very creamy and tasty! I would love to go back, just because of her food!

I also took a cooking class, efficient and fun! Compared to Bangkok inexpensive, same goes with the food. Ingredients

Pros: Inexpensive, Fresh Ingredients, Friendly owner
AmericanPhil
AmericanPhil

best in town!

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

One of the nicest veg restaurants in Thailand, and by far the nicest staff, On's restaurant is inexpensive and great food! Will eat here every day twice a day! :)
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 11, 2013

Pros: inexpensive, great food, wonderful staff
Cons: none
Veggisaurus
Veggisaurus

Banana flower salad!

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

We came here at the end of January 2013. The food is fantastic and very good value. The banana flower salad was the stand-out dish of the ones we tried and probably the nicest thing we had during out 8-week stay in Thailand. The service is friendly and quick and you can see the food being prepared by On, so you know it is fresh.

sachadowell
sachadowell

Great little restaurant

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2012

I ate there last night and this morning and thought it was a great little place. Miss On is a lovely lady and the food was very tasty. Today I even requested if she could cook me some tofu and veges with her peanut sauce and she was quite happy to oblige. Her peanut sauce is excellent. The food prices are very reasonable and the serving sizes are decent. The location is fantastic too - right on the tourist strip. Definately check this place out when you go to Kanchanaburi!

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly staff
danielReich
danielReich

Delicious food, very accommodating

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2012

The owner went out of her way to get alternate packaging materials for a to-go lunch. She also opened 2 hours early to prepare our food, so that we could pick it up before leaving Kanchanaburi for a full-day tour. Even several hours later, when we ate lunch, the food was delicious.

Tofulicious
Tofulicious

Yummy, Cheap and On the Main Drag

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

This one-woman show is fantastic! Unfortunately, as we're only in town for a couple of days, I've had to eat double my usual meals (which are already quite ample) to fit in Miss On's, the markets and street vendors' snacks (rice paper rolls and fried banana), and the delicious fare provided by the new 'jair' restaurant down the road ... a second stomach is required in these parts. This is one great addition to the already amazing culinary landscape that is Siam.

Pros: Delicious food, Inexpensive, On the main drag
Cons: Too yummy to stay thin
taralea
taralea

Miss On is in never OFF!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

Miss On's Thai food is the best I've had in Thailand!
Everything I've eaten here has been amazing!
I'm only in town for 3 nights and I stumbled in here on my first day and I've come back every day since. I'm going to do the cooking class before I fly home.
It's cliche I know but Miss On, other travelers and regulars here make it feel like a crazy Thai home away from home.

Pros: Miss On!, Amazing Food!, Amazing People!

Dear Owner and Manager of On's Thai Isaan: