Local gelato shop with a few locations. One case is non-dairy sorbet of tropical flavors (around 10-12). The other case (also 10-12) is dairy based gelato. Also sell a few specialty foods like island flavor jams. more-less
115D Hana Highway (Baldwin, on Maui)
Paia, Hawaii 96779
808-579-9201

First Review by kindlizard
Chia
Chia

Interesting flavors

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and was here in December 2012. Here's my Ono Gelato review.

It's a cute little shop located in the heart of Paia town. Lots of tourists come here to get their gelato ice cream. One side of the freezer is sorbets that are non-dairy, though I'm not sure what kind of sugar is used to make them. There are around 10 or so flavors from which one can try. A little scoop costs nearly $5, not cheap.

The entire other side of the offering is dairy based gelato.

We shared a scoop of the coconut ginger, and it was alright.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Ono Gelato

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

They surprisingly have a nice spread of vegan gelatos. I ordered the banana flavored gelato at a different location so I went with the lilikoi this time. Unfortunately I did not like it, but overall their other gelotos are pretty good.

Daisygirl
Daisygirl

Additional locations in Lahaina and Kikei

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2012

I was just at the Ono Gelato in Kihei. The chocolate and raspberry non-dairy gelato were very good.

Pros: Vegan options

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

wow, vegan chocolate gelato!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

We tried this place in lahania and it was soso, but we gave the paia location a shot and the dark chocolate vegan is insanely awesome. They use seaweed to make it smooth, no fat! We fought over the last bite! If they don't have that flavor you can try at manna foods up the street, they sell it by the pint, for less and you get a lot more!

Pros: vegan dark chocolate
HawaiiK
HawaiiK

The best gelato ever! This place is amazing!

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

When we walked in to this beautiful place we thought we were dreaming - one whole side of the offering is a beautiful display of vegan gelato - and the flavors and freshness are really amazing. This is a place not to miss, and you will then find that you have to return as soon as you can to try a new flavor or re-visit the one you had. Ono is a real treasure!

Pros: Excellent Gelato, Beautiful Store, Friendly Staff
kindlizard
kindlizard

Ono means delicious

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2011

They have plenty of vegan cold treats. Our fave of course is the lillikoi! I got that w pineapple and choc one day. They have a ton of great flavors from which to choose. The folks there are super nice. We love it here! ALOHA!

Pros: lillikoi, super nice, ample vegan sorbet selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Ono Gelato: