One Lucky Duck Juice and...

Takeout location for Pure Food and Wine, just around the corner from the restaurant. Its 100% raw food menu is all vegan except for honey used in a few items. Has a few tables for seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, All Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by HungryBetty
bunnybeesweet
bunnybeesweet

didn't deliver :(

3 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

got the green mango smoothie and found it bland. tasted more like ice than anything else. I wish ice had been listed as an ingredient, since it was obviously full of it. also, I should have known by the looks if it, but the "mallomar" is no Mallomar. no where near enough chocolate. disappointing.

Pros: creative menu, lots of options, raw vegan
Cons: nothing tastes as good as it looks
syntk
syntk

• non-vegetarian

Expensive and worth it

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

There is another One Lucky Duck outpost in addition to this one - it's in Chelsea Market, on 9th Avenue, between 15th and 16th. One Lucky Duck is the take out arm of the Pure Food and Wine restaurant. The stuff is great, but it's expensive. However, high quality raw food costs a lot of money - there aren't any fillers (grains, starches, crap) and the food needs to be ultimately fresh or it's awful. My top picks are the Thai Lettuce Wraps (which are wrapped in collards, not lettuce) and the tiramisu. The tiramisu is UNBELIEVABLE. It's tiny and expensive, but it is so rich and decadent, pretty much the best dessert I've ever had. Their shelf products (such as Rawtella and bags of nuts and coconut butter) are marked up to an almost ridiculous amount.

Pros: Delicious - taste can't be beat, High quality, Great filtered water
Cons: Expensive, Can be full of attitude, sometimes
KarinaU1
KarinaU1

Best Raw Food

3 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

I eat a lot of raw food and this place is the best especially if you're looking to take out some quick lunch.

Pros: Delicious, Creative
Cons: A bit pricey, Very small space if you want to eat in
Loulou
Loulou

good selection

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2011

There are 2 outlets of this takeaway from the Pure Food and Wine people. We went to Chelsea Market first and arriving only about 3.30pm there wasn't much choice left. It's basically in a food court area where you can order juice/smoothies from the counter and salad/falafel/burgers from the fridge and then go to a communal area to eat. The Gramercey location is just around the corner from the Pure Food and Wine restaurant and they share the same kitchen. Therefore there is a decent menu and it is prepared fresh for you to eat in (at the couple of tables) or take away. The food is a bit more down to earth than in the restaurant but perfect for food on the go.

JenniferF
JenniferF

Good

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2009

I love they're desserts, especially the non-dairy ice creams but they're prices are shockingly expensive. i'm used to paying a lot for my food, and it's not that I don't appreciate what goes into making this kind of food, but when they rang me up I thought they made a mistake and then shamefully had to take some things off the list. I think a pint of ice cream is $16. some individual small deserts are $12 and $16. As high as their prices are they really should be posted out of respect for the customer.

Pros: delicious

HungryBetty
HungryBetty

Eat at their restaurant

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2008

I've been to Pure Juice and Takeaway twice and on both occasions I have had to wait over an hour to receive my food. The first time it happened I let it glide off my back since the counter person was quite nice. However, when I went there three days ago, and after waiting patiently for over 40 minutes we inquired as to the status of our food. Someone went into the kitchen to check on it, but neglected to give us an estimate of how much longer we would be waiting. Our $75 lunch came out 10 minutes later. Since the menu is the same price in the cafe as in the restaurant, I recommend going next door to the actual restaurant for a nice sit down meal where the owners hired waiters.

Pros: Good Music
Cons: Had to wait, Expensive
Guest
Guest

tiny place

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2007

with a shorter menu than the full restaurant, but what they offer is the same quality as in the full restaurant at a lower price. Check it out. We stop there at least once everytime we visit NYC.

Pros: quality offerings
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of One Lucky Duck Juice and Takeaway: