One Love Vegetarian

Caribbean vegan cuisine eatery. Primarily take-out. Relaxed atmosphere. The menu includes One Love Caribbean Corn Soup, roti, plantain, salad, vegan desserts, daily specials, and fresh juice. Seasonal items like drinks and desserts available. Uses many organic produce. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Caribbean, Jamaican, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by sullivusb
Petesternz
Petesternz

Love it love it love it.

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this place yet. Let me sum up: I love it. One of the best vegan restaurants - and most original - in the world. Their TVP roti is to die for. Their corn soup is delicious, and most of the rest is great. Only downside was a cookie I had today that was not super fresh. But that's a minor thing. This place absolutely totally rocks. You must visit when in Toronto.

A.P.
A.P.

My Wallet's Going To Hurt Now

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

My first time going there today. Feeling for some veganized home-cooking. Tried the roti and combined the TVP with chickpea and Potato. SOOOO GOOD! It sux that they don't take debit, but it's probably for the best 'cause I'd be mindlessly be spending there. I probably still will. It's THAT good. They need to open another location. Toronto needs more veganized Caribbean food.

I wanna go back later next week and try some other filling combinations for the roti and their meal deals. Great place overall. Try it!!

Pros: Veganized Caribbean food - Niche, Close to Subway station, Friendly staff
Cons: Should have more tables, Cash only - most people use debt or cash, Desserts aren't always available
Meowmeow
Meowmeow

Best Caribbean in Toronto

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

This is easily my favourite vegan spot in Toronto. Sadly, they've been forced into being zoned as a take-out joint and now you can only get their soup, roti and sandwiches in to-go containers. Don't let this stop you though. The corn soup is heavenly and the rotis are fabulous.

Pros: Corn soup, Friendly staff, Caribbean food!
Stephanie NC
Stephanie NC

My favourite restaurant in T.O

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

I absolutely love getting take-out from One-Love.

The BBQ Tofu meal is the yummiest thing I have ever eaten! I also love the rotis = especially the potato-chickpea one. I can never decide which one to get, so I get both and have leftovers.

Service is really quick, and the food is delicious and very filling. There are not that many vegetables in this food, but that is just fine with me!

Definitely check out this place.

Pros: Delicious food, quick service, friendlly
Teknotribes
Teknotribes

Perfect Meal

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

I love this place... Super friendly staff and tasty, healthy, balanced meals. I highly recommend the chickpea and potato meal. Comes with salad, sprouts, avocado, plantain and rice. Yum!

Pros: healthy, reasonable price , always good reggae music
Cons: too far from my house
AimlessArrow
AimlessArrow

Favourite vegan restaurant so far

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

This is an amazing place. The TVP roti is the best thing I have ever eaten. Also tried the chickpea and potato roti and the raspberry lemonade.

Pros: TVP roti, Friendly staff, Very clean prep area
Cons: Very small, Almost nowhere to sit, Raspberry lemonade is too sweet
Teflan
Teflan

Great Little Takeout; Cheap and Cheerful

3 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2012

Great Caribbean food and it's vegan too. Limited menu, but everything I've tried has been excellent. It's not going to wow you, just fill your belly with good home cooked food for under $10.

Only a few tables and chairs so more of a takeout.

Guest
Guest

small selection, but food was good

3 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

The food had a very home-cooking feel to it. The selection was small, with only a handful of main dishes. The two dishes we ordered (jamaican greens and the chickpeas and potato curry) were both pretty good. Neither dishes were greasy. The yellow yam in the jamaican greens was really good. The mango drink was really good too.

The bad thing about this place is the lack of restroom and cash only.

VeganColleen
VeganColleen

One of my favourite restaurants in Toronto

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

I love, love, love this restaurant. I've never had a meal that wasn't stellar but I like nothing better than the pumpkin roti and corn soup--perfection!!

The only problem with this place, really, is the size which is probably why they don't have a washroom. Not being able to wash your hands before sitting down to eat is a bit off-putting. :(

Pros: Extremely delicious food, All vegan, Owner is amazing
Cons: Small space, No washroom???--is that even legal?
sergeantyeti
sergeantyeti

One Love=One Delicious Meal!

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

Try the barbeque tofu with avocado, plantains, peas and rice. Ginger beer goes great with this meal. We loved it. Delicious. Peace!

VegCA
VegCA

Great roti

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2011

Cute little place with great food. Enjoy interesting food combinations while listening to reggae.

Pros: creative menu items, speedy, good atmosphere
Cons: few seats
ieatmodestmouse
ieatmodestmouse

best vegan rest. in toronto

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2010

my husband and i came here in nov 2010. this was THE ONLY restaurant that we would for sure come back to.

we ordered the bean curd and lima beans, and the bbq tofu stir fry, and the mango strawberry lemonade.

everything was amazing!!

Pros: everything!, great food!
melskunk
melskunk

Warm food and warm people

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2010

Went here for lunch today, having passed by a dozen times when I wasn't hungry. The place is tiny, even smaller inside than it seems from the outside, and easily 2/3rds is the kitchen area. The woman who took my order was happy to recommend a suitable choice for me, which was a roti with pumpkin and the house corn soup. The soup came first and then the roti, which took slightly longer than the person beside me who came later, but his second course was a larger meal, so I assume they wanted to send his starter roti out first.

The food was so fresh and hot (though not spicy) and very filling, and I was very impressed by the low price. The menu is brief, with a rotating juice of the day, but more than suitable for a good quick meal. The dinner the fellow got beside me with curry and rice was amazing looking. I would happily return again, most likely for takeout, as there was about 8-10 seats in the whole place to eat.

Pros: Inexpensive, Hearty, Friendly
Cons: Small dining area
maulydaft
maulydaft

Love IT

4 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2010

One Love loves their food. Try the Jamaican Pumpkin on paratha roti - it's to die for. And I'm not a beverage consumer but I have found I MUST HAVE their strawberry lemonade. WOW. WOW.
They have Sweets From the Earth baked goods that rock.
They are right across from the Bathurst subway.

Pros: friendly, yummy, great location
Cons: sometimes a litltle slow
CeeDee
CeeDee

Super-awesome people

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

The people who run One Love are super-awesome! I would go back there just to talk to them but the food was really delicious, so I would go for the food! Check it out!

Pros: great service, lovely food, very freshly prepared
Cons: atmosphere is a little lacking
NovazMom
NovazMom

not a total fan yet, but I'd try again

3 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2010

The people were great! The corn soup - souper! but I had a kale dish that left much to be desired. the kale and the plantain were both undercooked. FYI: i'm not one of those people that need their veg smushy...these were undercooked. definitely had potential tho and worth trying again as I did thoroughly enjoy the soup.

procrastinasian
procrastinasian

Good food

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2010

I went once and had a corn soup. It was really tasty, but a little too salty for my tastes. My husband went separately and had a really good bowl with various soul food goodies in it. I'd definitely go back.

Pros: Friendly staff, tasty food, reasonable prices
Cons: Soup a little too salty, Not much seating
dem
dem

Small but lots of love

3 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2010

This place is super small and has a limited menu, which changes. The service is kind of slow because they have a small staff. However, I have been there twice and I have truly enjoyed my food each time. I had a roti one time, and a soup the other time. So nice to eat veg soup for once! One Love is located just across the street from the north tip of Bathurst subway station, so they are easily accessible.

Pros: indie, yummy, friendly
Cons: no washroom, small restaurant, small menu
Ken4057
Ken4057

Tiny Love

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

A tiny restaurant with a tiny menu, One Love has a big heart. The roti and corn soup are the stars here. Massive portions, cheap and delicious.

They also have pizza, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I've heard good things.

Pros: big portions, cheap, friendly
Cons: tiny place
nimbochen
nimbochen

Excellent

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2009

Verry friendly stuff, fresh and delicious caribian food. Try the gingwerbeer! It's been a pleasure!

Pros: Stuff, Food, Price
ennoncha
ennoncha

one word ...

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

amazing. The food at one love is amazing. I had the BBQ tofu stir fry, with beans and rice, avocado and fried plantains. The restaurant features an open kitchen so you are able to see your meal prepared in front of you. The kitchen is impeccably clean and everything seems to be prepared made-to-order. The average meal is between $8 and $10 and are very large, filling portions. I had a coconut cupcake for dessert, also delicious. The staff are really, incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurant is right across from the subway station and around the corner from Pancea, an awesome vegan grocery store. I highly, highly recommend this place.

Pros: great food, great service, cheap prices
Cons: really hot in the summer
sullivusb
sullivusb

Great food, friendly staff

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2009

We stopped here during our trip to Toronto and really enjoyed the place. We got a stirfry that was amazing. Our second dish was Jamaican greens, yams, some type of biscuit and boiled green banana - the green were really good, but the other portions of the dish were just so-so.

The prices were very reasonable and the staff was very nice and friendly. I would recommend stopping here.... It's also located right by the subway.

Pros: Great food, healthy dishes, nice staff
Cons: menu is kind of small, the restaurant got a bit hot...

Dear Owner and Manager of One Love Vegetarian: