CLOSED: On The Rise

Cafe/bakery serves savory dishes and baked goods with vegan options. Smoothies, coffees, teas, juices are some of the beverages available. Music venue. SHUT DOWN SEPT 2014 CONFIRMED BY ITS FB. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Bakery, Brunch, Pizza, Juice bar
39 Esplanade
Richmond, Vermont 05477
802-434-7787

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Roadduck99
Roadduck99
Roadduck99

Fantastic Tofu Scrambles

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

We ended up at On The Rise following our ill-fated attempt to get vegan breakfast elsewhere. And what great fate that turned out to be. They have an extensive omelet menu, any of which can be made with tofu and veganized without cheese. Simply stated, the best tofu scrambles that my wife and I have ever been served. I had the Vegerterranean, which had roasted garlic, eggplant, kalamata olives and artichoke hearts. My wife tried the Backwoods with tempeh bacon, garlic, onions and mushrooms. The home fries, seasoned with smoky paprika, were outstanding. Further, the location is beautiful in charming downtown Richmond, near the river. There was an obvious sense of community among the clients.

We perused the lunch and dinner menus and there are a lot of veg items, including pizza (although I don't think they have vegan cheese). Our server said almost everything on the menu can be made veg, and there are several vegan baked goods available, too. An acquaintance tells me that they have live music nightly. I'll go back in a heartbeat the next time I am in the area.

Pros: Excellent food, Wonderful community atmosphere, Great location

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: On The Rise: