CLOSED: Omph

Located in the heart of the tourist district of Nha Trang City and one block from the beach, Omph uses only organically grown vegetables purchased from local markets. Menu includes spuds, pies, and mockmeat dishes made from soy protein. Provides air conditioned dining in their red room for the bohemian minded and a ground level area with a visual and audio background of contemporary music. All gratuities are donated to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals organization. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, International, Beer/Wine
76B Hung Vuong Street
Nha Trang, Vietnam

Open Wed-Mon 4pm until late, closed Tue.

• Cash only

First Review by kirkallen
Crustina
Crustina

Highlight of Nha Trang!

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

An absolutely amazing experience! Really wholesome and delicious food - a treat for the eye as well! We had the tempura veggies with peanut sauce for appetizers and the burgers as the main meal. We could hardly squeeze in anything else but had to try the desserts and went for the lemon/lime dessert cake and the caramel & chocolate wedge. Decadent? Yes! Needless to say, everything we had was vegan (the menu is clearly marked) and portions were quite big (yes, the place is owned by an australian couple!).
The owner was extremely helpful, friendly and gave us a lot of good tips + addresses for vegan travellers in asia. Cannot recommend this highly enough!

Pros: Vegan meals clearly marked, Central location to main tourist area, Nicely selected manu
Cons: A little expensive (to local standards), Not open until 4pm, No breakfast menu
VegieBoy
VegieBoy

Super yummy Vegan deserts!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2011

Very modern oriental themed restaruant owned by a western family who believe in the ways of the Tibeten Buddist. Atleast 75% of the large menu is, or can be, vegan. The staff are incredibly friendly and eger to assist you in anyway they can. There are two dinning areas both with floor and seated seats and large tables that make for a nice social enviroment. Food quality is very good. The chief is a New Zealander and all produce is organic and grown locally. Prices are a little higher compared to the local cafes but still cheap compared to western standards. 4 out of the 5 deserts are vegan and amazing! Highly recomend checking this place out.

Pros: Vegan Deserts, Freindly english speaking staff, Very clean and modern setting
Cons: Pricey compared to local cafes
natigan
natigan
  • non-vegetarian

amazing!

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

i have been in nhatrang 2 month ago and i had such a good time during eating in OMPH i recommend to everyone to try, tasty food and such a nice owners, have fun

Meme59
Meme59

Vegan Nirvana

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

What a find. I have been travelling around South East Asia for the past 14 months and it was fantastic to finally have a western vegan meal of exceptional quality and even better a vegan dessert. I stayed in Nha Trang for 3 nights and ate at OMPH ever night. The owner was very friendly and offered me assistance with other Vegan options for my onward travel. It was a great place to meet other travellers as the atmosphere in the RED Room really lends itself to this. A must for anyone when visiting Nha Trang. I would travel back to Nha Trang purely to eat at OMPH.

Pros: Fantastic food, Very well priced, Great atmosphere
  • OT OT

Thank you Meme59 for your kind review and we appreciate your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your OMPH experience and would love to see you again next time you are in Nha Trang.

Virginia P
Virginia P

A vegetarian oasis

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

We were very excited to find this place and went there 3 out of the 4 nights that we were in Nha Trang. My non-vegetarian boyfriend enjoyed it as much as I did and I think between us we ended up sampling half the menu! Lovely fresh food and big portions that were good value for money. Much, much cheaper than what you would pay for a similar meal at home. In fact it was cheaper than some of the other restaurants we ate at during our travels. Nice to have some western vego after two weeks of eating the same thing! The crisp, fresh salads and lightly steamed veges were also a welcome relief and I felt so much healthier after a few days eating at Omph! To top it off it is a family-run business and the staff are lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed chatting with them each evening and they gave us some great tips about other vego places around Vietnam, Thailand and Laos. Thanks Lynn, Graham, Kirk and Yoko. We will recommend Omph to anyone we know visiting Nha Trang, vego or otherwise.

Pros: Great food, Very friendly staff, Great atmosphere
  • OT OT

Thank you Virginia P for your kind review. At OMPH we strive to deliver a total dining experience and your comments are greatly valued. We wish you well on your future travels and hope to see the three of you again one day.

EvilPoppet
EvilPoppet

Nice place

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2011

The food was good. I got the lentil cottage pie which was delicious and came with a salad of crisp fresh veggies and a tasty dipping sauce.
I followed this with the vegan chocolate ice cream. This is made with tofu so didn't taste as I expected it to. But I enjoyed it.
The red room is a great place to sit and the staff are super nice and friendly.

Pros: good food, great atmosphere
Cons: on the expensive side
  • OT OT

Thank you EvilPoppet for your kind review. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the RED Room espcially the Vegan Chocolate Ice ceam. Please make yourself known to us next time you are in Nha Trang so that we may thank you in person.

ryanl
ryanl

Delicious Food and Great Service

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2011

I am in Nha Trang for a few months so my wife and I popped in for a quick bite at this new restaurant but enjoyed it so much that we were there for almost 2 hours. I had the MegaVega Burger Deal which was a huge vegan meal and my wife had the cauliflower and broccoli pie. All the food was delicious as we shared and even tried a couple of the vegan desserts. We chatted with the owner who gave us valuable information for eating options when we travel further afield in a few months. All in all a great eating experience. We will definitely be eating here a lot during our stay in Nha Trang.

Pros: Delicious food, Great value, Excellent service
  • OT OT

Thank you ryanl for your review and we were very happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed your eating experience. We are always happy to share information and chat with our customers. It would be great to see you back at OMPH while you and your wife are staying in Nha Trang so that we may chat again and also thank you in person for your review.

Puddingcup
Puddingcup

A must in Nha Trang

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

For a place opened so recently the food/decor is really good! Ask to be seated in the R.E.D room and play some mini pool/mini Foosball while you're waiting for your food. Offers a few Vegan dishes, try the lentil cottage pie, it is delicious! The pumpkin hummus is also a must.
The owners are super friendly, they have just moved to Vietnam from Australia and are very interesting to talk to.
The dishes aren't cheap (compared to other restaurants in Vietnam but also depends what kind of budget you are on whilst traveling) but you get a very good portion size (you won't be hungry afterwards, trust me)
Staff are friendly and the whole menu is in English and they have air conditioning.

Pros: Good food, Lovely owners/staff, Awesome Decor
Cons: Little bit pricey
  • OT OT

Thank you Puddingcup for posting a review we value your comments, our dishes are priced between US$1 - US$5 which we feel is very good value and comparable to Vietnamese restaurants in town. We have increased our vegan choices on our menu and to more than half and have also included a selection of vegan desserts. Our newest addition is a MEGA VEGA Burger Deal (vegan burger, large chips and any menu drink) all for under US$5.It was also pleasing to hear that you had fun playing the table games. Thank you again and we hope to see you back in Nha Trang soon.

Mezza
Mezza

Omph-Yum!

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2011

Staying at the Novotel and discovered a lovely small restaurant only a few minutes walk away. The atmosphere was very nice and the owner came and introduced himself, was very friendly. Menu had alot to choose from and food was delicious. Definatly recommend for any vegatarian!

• OT OT

Thank you Mezza for your very kind review and for recommending our restaurant to other vegetarians/vegans. We really enjoy meeting our customers and chatting. Please make yourselves known to us if you return to Nha Trang so that we may thank you in person.

lyn boddy
lyn boddy
  • non-vegetarian

Great vegetarian food.

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

I am not a vegetarian as such but love all food. Discovered this wonderful restaurant while passing through Nha Trang last week. It's new, the atmosphere was very imaginative, especially the casual airconditioned dining in the red room. The food was wonderful, huge variety and really yummy. I am not vegetarian as such but I could spend a holiday working my way through the menu. A great eating experience and terrific value, thank you.

Pros: great food, comfortable cool dining, casual friendly staff
  • OT OT

Thank you lyn boddy for your very kind review. We are very happy to read that non vegetarians also enjoy OMPH food. We have designed our menu to cater to all tastes and are always reviewing and offering new choices. Our mock meat selections have proven popular. We hope to see you back at OMPH on your next holiday.

Guest
Guest

Great Place For Fun and Food

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

I ate here with a group of fellow travellers in the R.E.D Room. We played the table games and shared a variety of mouth watering foods and drank very cold beer while escaping the Nha Trang heat in this air conditioned room.Staff were very friendly and spoke English. Music was great.

Pros: excellent food, great variety, great value
  • OT OT

Thank you Mitch_Blake for your very kind review. Yes, our RED Room is proving very popular with groups of friends, especially the table games which can get a little competative at times. Also thank you for your comment about our cold beer, Nha Trang is very hot so a nice cold drink is a bonus. We hope to see you at OMPH on your next holiday to Nha Trang.

kirkallen
kirkallen

Great food great atmosphere

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

Visited OMPH for the first time as restaurant only just opened. Menu was extensive and I chose the lentil cottage pie which was fantastic and the meal size was enormous. I ate in the RED Room which was relaxed, a/c cooled and a good to meet people. The drinks were real cold which is just the way I like them. The only western vegetarian restaurant in Nha Trang and looks different from anything else I have seen in Vietnam. I will definitely be returning.

Pros: Great food, Value for money, Cool room and cold drinks
Cons: none
  • OT OT

Thank you kirkallen for your very kind review. We were very happy to read your favourable comments about our portion sizes, we feel it is important for our customers to feel satisfied. We look forward to seeing you back at OMPH so that we may thank you in person.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Omph: