Located next to a yoga school, this small vegetarian cafe offers raw cakes and snacks. Lunch soups are vegan. Vegan items labelled. Closes July month. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Raw, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Raw

DebbieSheringham
DebbieSheringham

OmNam = nom nom :)

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2015

My favorite veggie place in Helsinki. For 12 euros you can eat soup and as much salad and bread as you like, plus free refills of tea. It's a real bargain for such delicious and fresh food. The cafe itself is quite small and cosy, and the staff are friendly and helpful. What is not to like? Yummy. Highly recommended.

Pros: Healthy tasty veggie food, Nice vibe, Value
Cons: May be hard to locate, Busy at lunch time
marystrawberry
marystrawberry

Lots of vegan options and great salad buffet!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

Nice medium-sized place at the heart of the Helsinki. Offers a salad buffet, a soup and a warm dish of the day.

The salad buffet was diverse and excellent. All the salads were vegan that day and clearly marked. The produce of the buffet and the bread was fresh and good quality. But the soup of the day was tasteless. I missed more spices and flavor. They also serve a good variety of cakes and desserts. Lots of vegan options as well. I had a piece of raw chocolate mint cake. The texture of the cake was firm and the taste was ok, but I could taste the coconut oil a little bit too much.

I fully recommend the salad buffet!

Pros: great salad buffet, nice and warm atmosphere, lot of vegan options, clearly marked
Cons: not enough spices and flavor in the soup
Minni
Minni

Great food

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

I have been here once for lunch and will definitely come back! The food is really fresh and tastes good. The only minus is that it's not 100 % vegan, you have to ask for the vegan options. But they have a lot of vegan raw cakes and pies at the counter that you can buy to take away or to eat in the cafe.

You can find a sign on Annankatu pointing you to the right courtyard when the cafe is open.

Fully recommended!

Pros: great, fresh food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: not 100 % vegan

Gudrun
Gudrun

A hidden treasure in Helsinki

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

When I read on Happy Cow "This small vegetarian cafe is situated inside a yoga school" I thought of not too sophisticated vegetarian food with a lot of dairy in it and some vegan energy balls (sorry, those are not my cup of tea, especially when I am hungry). So this restaurant was not on my wishlist when I went to Helsinki. But when I - by coincidence - passed by I decided to take a look. A bit hidden in an a courtyard (but not inside a yoga school) I found a full-blown modern medium-size restaurant with loads of vegan cakes and other good stuff. It was late in the afternoon and I was not too hungry, so I just had a raw vegan strawberry cake with - I think - a soya cappuccino. I decided to get back the next day - my last day in Helsinki - for lunch and I had a wonderful dosa dish. The place was quite crowded and it seemed that many people come here on a regular basis, I have seen whole families and groups of colleagues. The atmosphere was great, not only the staff was superfriendly and helpful, also the atmosphere among the guests was very friendly and relaxed. Of course I regret that I did not come here right away! The location is good, too - only about 10 minutes walk from Central Station.

Pros: great food, mostly vegan, friendly staff + customers

Dear Owner and Manager of OmNam: