Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food menu with focus on fresh vegetables, breads baked in a tandoor oven, house-made sauces and chutneys. Does not use fryers, transfats or cream in any food. Free Wi-Fi. Atmosphere is casual nice. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Pakistani, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by KatePruiett
MarlaRose
MarlaRose

Needs more vegan options...

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

I appreciate that OMango emphasizes more healthy foods (they don't have a deep fryer, for example) than most Indian restaurants and offers options in a bit of a vegan wasteland but I would be more inclined to give them a better review if they had more vegan options. Their paratha is not vegan, so wraps are out, and the baked samosas have dairy in them so there are no appetizer options. Really, the only options that I saw were the two rice bowls: Mango-Coconut Curry and Vindaloo. My son got the first (which he didn't really like, but he doesn't like sweet sauces, though there were no other options for him), my husband and I each got a Vindaloo bowl. The bowls were nice and spicy with lots of veggies and ample rice. This was a good lunch option. I peeked at their buffet and it looked like about 1/3 was vegan and I didn't want to pay for all that meat on the buffet line. Anyway, what we got was tasty and would have been great if we were on the road and hungry. As an option on it's own, though, the pickings are slim for vegans.

Pros: Clean, Ample portions, Good value
Cons: Not enough vegan options
KatePruiett
KatePruiett

yum but careful what you order

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

This was my first time here- I liked it overall and appreciate that their menu has a symbol for vegan dishes, but I ordered a curry meal that was labeled as vegan only to find out later that the naan they serve with the meal was not vegan. Their food was really good and I will go back, but I wish the labeling was better. I am not that familiar with Indian food and I liked how the menu described the choices well so I knew what to order.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 27, 2013

Pros: food was great, liked the atmosphere, appreciate menu labeling
Cons: menu labeling has some flaws

Dear Owner and Manager of OMango: