Serves meat, veg options available. Pizza restaurant with several vegan pizzas on the menu. Pizza chef previously worked at Tevere in Soder. All vegan products courtesy of goodstore. Large menu of pizza, pasta and Mexican dishes. Aug 13, 2013 reported open. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Pizza, Mexican, Non-veg
Kungstensgatan 62
Stockholm, Sweden 11329

First Review by Ida Maria
NicNewbs
NicNewbs

Proper vegan pizza

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

I've not had a vegan cheese pizza since going vegan 18months ago and I was not disappointed!
The Mexican pizza I had was delicious, extremely filling and the cheese was excellent, I asked he staff where they get it from and apparently its Greek.

Very reasonably priced with so many choices for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters.

The menu is in Swedish but the staff kindly translated the toppings on the pizza I was interested in, they are not fluent in English but were very helpful :)

The restaurant is a 15min walk from the palace and central areas.

Pros: Vegan cheese!, Huge vegan pizza list, Price
Cons: No English menu, Location
Sakuru
Sakuru

Great pizzas, weakening image

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2015

I have eaten here couple of times. Since it is the first pizzeria where I have had a decent vegan pizza and thus felt myself like a customer worth serving for, O' Mamma Mia has a special place in my heart. I really like their pizzas.

But. When I first visited here, vegans had their own menu. Meat version was to be asked from the staff. Lately this has changed. One has to browse across the usual meat pizza menu to find the vegan pages. There are now several pizzerias in Stockholm serving good vegan pizzas. So to keep up with the competition, I strongly advice O' Mamma Mia to hold on their vegan customers.

Pros: Good pizzas, Large selection
Cons: Not vegan place, Vegans not a priority anymore
jennyc32
jennyc32

Good calzone!

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2015

This place has the decor of a traditional Italian pizzeria, and a menu with a good vegan section. I had the vegan calzone and really enjoyed it. The service was fast and friendly. For tourists, it's a bit far from the main drag though.

Mammi
Mammi
  • non-vegetarian

Vegan Pizza

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2015

Yesterday me and my daughter went to O'Mamma Mia's pizzeria. I had a vegan Calzone and my daughter had a vegan Quattro Stagione. Let's just say that her pizza was a lot better than mine. If you go there, take veggies only on an openly baked pizza. The cheese was OK, but it leaves your stomach feeling bloated.

Pros: The atmosphere
Cons: Service, Coffee
VeganRodent
VeganRodent

That Was Pretty Mediocre

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2015

Today I went to the veg-friendly restaurant O'Mamma Mia in Stockholm with my mother and when we had finished our pizzas (I had a vegan Quattro Stagioni while my mother had a vegan Calzone), we both said 'that was pretty mediocre'.
The atmosphere was pretty typical for a pizzeria with a bunch of randomly picked out paintings and photos hanging on the walls and some silly 70's and 80's music playing in the background, which neither one of us really minded.
The reviews on HappyCow had led me to believe and expect the staff to be absolutely lovely, which they, or rather he, wasn't. There was one staff member available who didn't smile once and who wasn't very attentive to the customers. He didn't wash his hands, he didn't use gloves and he wasn't wearing a hairnet (despite his long hair) which seemed a bit unhygenic.
The food itself didn't taste bad per se (with the exception of the fake ham, but that's probably more about personal preference than bad food), however, I wasn't a big fan of the fake cheese, it was just really sticky and messy, it made the pizza hard to eat since it stuck to the plate and the cutlery and wouldn't come off. On the positive side, the food satisfied my hunger, I wasn't able to finish it all. I enjoyed their pizza salad and I thought it was great that they had more than twenty alternative pizzas for vegans. To finish this review up, I think that the guy working in the pizzeria working all alone was just having a bad day. I'm sure they usually do have an interest in serving vegans, otherwise they wouldn't have so many pizzas made specifically for them. I wouldn't advice people to stay away from this place, but at the same time I wouldn't recommend anyone to visit it. It was all right, but I don't want to visit again after my personal experience with O'Mamma Mia.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 31, 2015

Pros: Nice atmosphere, enjoyable pizza salad, a lot of vegan alternatives (20+).
Cons: Staff wasn't too friendly, the food was 'messy', somewhat unhygenic staff.
Ekosmurf
Ekosmurf

Great vegan pizzas!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

I love this pizza place. The menu has over 20 vegan pizzas to chose amoung, so I never get tired of going there. Nice atmosphere and good beer.

Pros: good variety, nice staff, atmosphere
Jonatand
Jonatand

great pizzas, not so great prices

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

My favorite pizza place in stockholm! Great vegan menu that's updated with new and exciting ones pretty often and the pizzas really are great! The prices are way the expensive though, and always sad to see the vegan pizzas so much more expensive than their "ordinary" ones.

virre
virre

They where second but really first

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

This was where the first maker of vegan pizza got to when the first resturant closed, and when they started they where alone.

They have been exprimenting with what kind of vegan cheese to use through the years and does offer a wide variation which is awesome.

However the pizzas are way to small and I never get satisfied when I get there, and it is no where close to what is avalible in other countrys. I personaly rank this as the second best vegan pizza in Stockholm.

You might also notice varying quality depending on who is makeing the pizza. So therefor one visit is not enough for you to make your own valid tasteing.

They also have great respect for vegans, and maybe a bit less for non-vegans as when I was there for lunch with my father is un-vegan food was frozen when servedb

Pros: big variety, respect
Cons: small pizzas
pesek
pesek

3 days in a row

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

Awsome pizzas, was there three days in a row. Helpfull and nice staff aswell.

Pros: Awsome pizzas, Friendly staff, Inexpensive
Cons: -, -, -
sigurdas
sigurdas

Great place for vegan pizzas

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2013

To my knowledge, it is till the only pizza place in Stockholm that offers vegan pizzas on menu (and does it with great variety).
I visit this place often, and I am always satisfied with the food, whatver vegan pizza I choose.

Pros: many choices of pizzas, delicious
Cons: location (far from main visiting places)
kasia
kasia

Great vegan pizzas selection

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

I had chichi(fake chicken, banana, pineapple, curry) which was recommended in one of the reviews. It was nice, the cheese didn't have much taste and I think I would put some more ingredients on it like mushrooms and onions but overall just the fact that being vegan I was having a real pizza was amazing. I'd definitely come back to try other choices. My carnivorous bf had a meat pizza and loved it as well.

Pixiechick
Pixiechick

Very focussed on meat-substitutes

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2012

Twenty choices of vegan pizzas and calzone. Hovever, all of the options focussed on meat substitutes rather than vegetables. I wasn't a fan of the vegan cheese they used, either.

Pros: Lots of choice
Cons: Didn't like the vegan cheese, Not much in the way of vegetables, Staff didn't speak much English
RubySleigh
RubySleigh

Vegan Pizzas

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

Great range of vegan pizzas using mock cheeses and meats to create versions of pizza classics.

Lovely bases made fresh in the open-plan kitchen-great to see it is all fresh and genuine.

The staff were very attentive and helpful in translating the menu and providing salads and drinks.

Pros: Good size, Fresh food, Friendly staff
Cons: Basic decor
katmil1
katmil1

Very good Vegan/Vegetarian Pizzas and more

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

Took a chance that this restaurant was at the address listed and am very happy to report that it was, in fact, there and that the food was excellent. I had a vegetarian Daniela pizza and my husband had the vegan calzone and both were great. The menu is the same as on the linked website, even though the address on the website is different - must be two locations. Even though the actual menu only has half a dozen vegan pizzas, we were told they can do a vegan version of almost any pizza on the menu. The staff was very informed and helpful. I very strongly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Great Value, Excellent Food, Friendly Staff
PhilSleigh
PhilSleigh

Excellent vegan pizzas

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2012

We really liked this restaurant, in the Norrmalm area of Stockholm. They had about 15 vegan options - large pizza, which was very tasty. Cost about 80 - 110 SEK each - we also ordered a glass of wine, which was very large and cost 55 SEK.

The staff were very helpful, and knowledgeable about vegan options. They have also now added a vegan lasagne, and sell vegan sandwiches.

Recommended!

Pros: Excellent vegan pizzas, Very helpful, Convenient location
veroaero
veroaero

Great vegan pizza!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2012

I'll strongly recommend this place to any vegan (or non-vegan) that wants yummy pizza. I tried a typical Swedish pizza with pineapple, "chickun", bananas and curry! Yay. Very good. The personnel was great, friendly and could answer all my questions on ingredients. Try it if you can.

Pros: friendly staff
LucidDreams
LucidDreams

Good vegan pizzas!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

A nice selection of vegan pizzas to choose from. They are also planning to add vegan lasanga to the menue so I hope that will go through.

Pros: Good selection, Nice pizzas, Friendly staff
Ida Maria
Ida Maria

Excellent vegan pizzas and pasta

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Recently open O Mamma Mia are the best thing that has happened in the Stockholm vegan scene this year. A big variety of pizzas with soy meat, mince, veggies, soy cheese etc., a couple of pasta dishes with lovely lasagna and some tex mex items on the menu, this is really a place not to miss when visiting Stockholm. The pizzas are big, lots of filling on them and the crust is supreme. And don't miss the complementary garlic bread if you are there for lunch, it is divine.

Staff really friendly and interested in vegan food, constantly trying to improve and expand the vegan part of the menu.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Taste, Staff
Cons: Interior design

Dear Owner and Manager of O'Mamma Mia: