A mostly raw vegan restaurant located inside a holistic center in the area known as Nouvo St-Rock. Food is home-grown, biologic, raw and/or gluten free. Yoga and meditation classes on premises. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, International, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by booya
seymourW
seymourW

Delicious

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

So we were going to Quebec for a museum expo and I thought at the last second before leaving to look for a vegan restaurant nearby. I chose Om Prana because it was seemingly the only vegan one. We got there and a very friendly woman working there explained the menu to us since we looked a bit clueless.

The menu is written below the long counter where they prepare food and on the walls behind. You order at the counter and then they bring the food to your table. That's not my favourite restaurant setting, because I like to take my time to choose and read the menu while sitting, but it's no biggie.

The food was delish. We were 4 and I tasted each plate, and each tasted good. First I had the crackers and (cashew) cheese, the crackers look weird but they're quite tasty and the cheese is 98% like cream cheese. Then I had the pizza, which also looked weird (raw food oblige?) but tasted pretty damn good. The tofu burger is okay, not my favourite, but I didn't have a proper bite of it so maybe that's the problem. It was the best-looking meal of the 4, but it was the least tasty (to me), funny! The shiva burger is awesome. It tastes fresh and mayo-ey and just delicious. If I can go there again, that's what I'll order. Then I had a slice of cheesecake with strawberry coulis. This was pure heaven. The coulis was finger-lickin'-licious and the cheesecake was light and nicely tart. As soon as I finished it (on the way home), I regretted not having bought 2 slices. My boyfriend had the chocolate mousse and really enjoyed it, which is weird, because he hates banana in desserts and it really tasted of barely-ripe banana.

All in all, an extremely satisfying experience. Price-wise, it may seem a bit much for the amount you get (for ex., I think I paid 5.99 for the small-ish slice of cheesecake), but you're paying for the amazing taste and quality (+freshness). Friendly staff, inviting venue, good stuff!

Pros: Food is amazeballs, Staff is really friendly, Takeout/Ready to eat available
Cons: Sitting area a bit untidy/small, Have to stand to read menu, Noisy (busy street right out the window)
booya
booya

Great vegan restaurant....

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

One of the rare vegan restaurants in Quebec City....this restaurant type should be changed from vegetarian to vegan on happy cow. It's mostly all raw. The buckwheat burger and pizza are insanely great. Also loved the chocolate smoothie and the sushi roll. They make everything to order. They had a small market type of area as well with come vegan bars, etc. I loved it. The woman behind the counter was very friendly and nice. I recommend trying it.

Pros: Food quality, Food selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Om Prana: