Olympia Food Co-op - Westside

Cooperative market providing selections in deli food, fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more. Not all veg. Bring cash as ATM/credit card machine is often not working. more-less
921 Rogers St NW (/in Westside)
Olympia, Washington 98502
360 754-7666

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Barefoot
Treefriend
Treefriend

What a co-op should be

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2012

I love this funky little co-op. It reminds me of PCC in Seattle back before PCC became huge. Decent bulk section, baked goods from Blue Heron Bakery, great tahini. Staffed largely by volunteers who get a deal on their groceries as their only payment. My only complaint here is the same one I have for every grocery store...the pollsters and survey takers and electioneers who hang out next to the door and bother people.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 26, 2012

Pros: Great selections, Volunteer staffed, Funky
Cons: Annoying lurkers by front door
SaraJane85
SaraJane85

Vegan chocolate

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

Has a lot of good vegan foods. The staff is usually REALLY bad and do not know anything. I do not care if they are volunteers train them. I also think having to write down the PLU# is fairly ridiculous. They should know or have a guide and figure it out. I am paying to shop here! They DO NOT have a salad bar at this one. But they see to have more vegan chocolates and better selection of Hillside Quickies to go sandwiches. Once I found a WONDERFUL Hillside Quickies pizza here but not since then.

Pros: Good food, Chocolates
Cons: Expensive , HORRIBLE staff
Barefoot
Barefoot

My Favorite Co-op - Ever

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2008

The entire feel of the Olympia Food Co-op is amazing. Very welcoming and open. Has a great selection of bulk and local foods. Almost all of the produce is organic and during the summer and fall is locally farmed. It may be some of the best tasting produce as well, I might add. There is a free store in front of the building where you will find an array of things you can take for free. Lots of fun housewares and clothing :)There is an other location of the east side of Olympia, a much larger store with a more inclusive bulk, produce and packaged section.

Pros: Customer owned and Operated for 30 years, All organic, mostly local, great bulk section

Dear Owner and Manager of Olympia Food Co-op - Westside: