Olympia Food Co-op - Eastside

As reported to HappyCow Feb 09, has ATM onsite. Cooperative market providing selections in deli food, fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more. Not all veg. more-less

First Review by aubysmas
SaraJane85
SaraJane85

Crappy Staff

2 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

Has a lot of good vegan foods but could do better. The salad bar is really nice. It has several vegan options and a vegan soup. Bulk selection is nice. The staff is usually REALLY bad and do not know anything. I do not care if they are volunteers train them. I also think having to write down the PLU# is fairly ridiculous. They should know or have a guide and figure it out. I am paying to shop here!

Pros: Salas bar, bulk grains, vegan foods
Cons: horrible staff
Kyliehay
Kyliehay

Pricey but worth it

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2010

The co-op is pretty pricey, but their sandwiches are the best in town. Love the salad bar and soups too. That's why I keep coming back

Guest
Guest

Great place, supports local farmers

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2007

The co-op is wonderful. The prices are lower than large chain stores and if it might seem slow or haphazard at times I am sure it is only because it is run by many volunteers as well as some paid positions. I love that they carry locally produced vegetables and eggs, so my money is staying in my community. I have never had any moldy items from there, so I am not sure what the other reviewer is describing. They have some nice deli items (sandwiches, etc.) too and great natural products that are harder to find at big stores.

Pros: local, volunteer run, better pricing, carry unique products
Cons: not a huge selection
aubysmas
aubysmas

theres no place like the co-op

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2007

The co-op is the only place to buy fresh food in my opinion.
In 8 years i have only bought one moldy item which was a box of vegan doughnuts in the hot summer.
the coop is great about letting you return things if you need to. generally produce that is expiring is put into the discount bin. the great thing about being vegan is that you can usually see the mold and choose not to buy the item.
i love the vegan deli sandiwiches made fresh in the co-op, the bulk bins, and knowing i can choose local produce..it can't get any better than this.

Dear Owner and Manager of Olympia Food Co-op - Eastside: