Serves meat, veg options available. Friendly truck stop diner. Has vegetarian food including white bean chili, pasta marinara with eggplant, and a few others. Sources produce from local farmers and gardeners. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg
130 S 5th Ave (Center)
Pocatello, Idaho 83201
208-234-0672
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by idahomeyers
idahomeyers
idahomeyers

Yea Vegetarian fare in Pocatello!

4 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2008

Ok...so maybe its not total veg, but at least it's more than a freakin' salad bar, which is about all you can find in this town if you're veg. Anyway, cool little diner atmosphere...makes you think 60's. In amidst the regular cafe fare they have a vegetarian section on the menu, they have things like HOME MADE Veggie lasagna! Lentils and rice! Cheese Ravioli with eggplant parm, fried zukes, salad or soup AND garlic bread...heck that plate was more than enough for my husband and I to have shared and been happy. The eggplant was awesome. The sauce was very light and a nice change from what you find at most restaurants offering anything Italian. Service... a bit slow, but it looked like the were probably training new girls...All in all, we are definately going back. Hubby is not a veg, I am. And let me tell you, he LIKED IT! That says a lot because he is a serious FOODIE. Good Food, Clean, Nice staff, Fair prices. Way to go! I will be spreading the word to any veggie I find in Poky. I would have given you a 5 happy cow rating, but the site only allows a max. of 4 cows for a non-total veg restaurant. Thanks for a great meal!

Pros: Great Food!, Friendly Staff, Fair Prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Oliver's: