Serves meat, veg options available. Little lunch and sandwich bar with an eclectic menu. Go early for lunch as the little dining room fills quickly. Try the viva la vegan sandwich, fresh salads, and pastries. Owned and operated by the people who bake and do menu planning. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
351 Rue Saint-Paul O (Rue Saint Pierre)
Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2A7
514-350-1083

Open Tue-Sat 8am-6pm, closed Sun-Mon.

First Review by Kind Cindy
MarieV23
MarieV23

Aussi beau que bon

3 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

Un des seuls cafés du Vieux Port accueillant et proposant des options végé intéressantes. Il faut faire attention car la plupart des pâtisseries ne sont pas vegan.
Leur sandwich Viva La Vegan est simplement délicieux et nourissant!
L'ambiance animée peut en décourager certains, mais il faut y aller au moins une fois dans sa vie.

fanciful bean
fanciful bean

Outstanding lunch!

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

While not a vegetarian restaurant, this vegan had an amazing experience at Olive et Gourmando. There was a line up, and we had to wait, but it was worth it. This cafe had such a great atmosphere. The service was top-notch, and I loved the music. I told the staff at the order counter that I was vegan, and she directed me to all my alternatives. I chose one of the salads, which was full of surprises, delish, delish, delish. Vegan options are limited, but the atmosphere and salad were worth it!

Pros: Great atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: Few vegan options
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Not a vegan destination

2 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2011

Seems like it might be ok for Vegetarians but not really for vegans. Heard about all the baked goods and coffee so I swung by there in the morning to get some breakfast only to find out that there were no vegan options. I decided to get a Chai Latte with soy for me and a Cafe Latte with soy for my gf. The chai was terrible. I ordered a large for both and they were the size of a small coffee cup you get in your hotel room yet cost almost $5 each. It took a solid 10-12 minutes for them to be made even though I was the only one who had ordered anything while I was standing there. The place was packed and parking is super scarce (this was on a random thursday morning). Maybe the vegan sandwich is good but just be aware that seems to be the only option.

Pros: Nice atmosphere
Cons: No Parking, Slow Service, Almost no vegan options

TamaraO
TamaraO

Delicious!

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2011

We only stopped in for bakery goods and their home-made tea infusions, but really loved all of it. I had the cherry-ginger scone with one of the fruit-tea drinks. It is expensive, but a very nice treat on the train to Quebec City!

Dmichl
Dmichl

Good food, but...

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2011

We went there for lunch on a Saturday at noon, and put our name down. The wait was 20 minutes. Once we got inside we were shown our table and told to wait in line to order our food at the deli counter. We ordered and were told the food would be brought to use. The paninis we ordered were excellent! My boyfriend had the vegan, which looked really good. Once finished, we were instructed to wait in a new line to pay at the cashier. This took another ten minutes since the place was packed. If you have time to kill it's definitely worth the visit. It's clear the owners want you to take the food out and not sit and eat, but their concept for waiting in three lines is a little silly. Also bring cash, they don't take credit cards

Pros: Food, Ambiance
Cons: Ordering , Payments setup
Kind Cindy
Kind Cindy

Fresh and Yummy

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2011

This is a great spot nestled in the Old Port of Montreal. They have vegan options clearly marked on their menu and many salads are vegan or can be made vegan. A raw vegan friend of mine even says that if she calls ahead, they can often accommodate her by making something special. A very nice spot to have coffee and a pastry too.

Pros: Charming, Vegan options
Cons: Very small dining room

Dear Owner and Manager of Olive et Gourmando: