Old Corner

Serves meat, veg options available. Very vegan friendly restaurant that has a separate vegan menu that offers 16 different pizza, 6 a la carte dishes, 5 pasta dishes, 5 salads, and 2 ice cream desserts. There are also vegan drinks in the bar. Pub-like atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Italian, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Artillerigatan 14
Gothenburg, Sweden 41503
+46-31-841700

Open Mon-Fri 11am-2am, kitchen closes 10pm.

First Review by Fanny
pesek
pesek

Small portions, but still expensive

3 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

Has become more of a "fine dining" place. Same prices as earlier, but smaller portions and fancier plating. Really good, but we had to go fill up our stomachs right after a meal here.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere
Cons: extremely small portions, expensive
bencamps
bencamps

THE BEST VEGAN PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

Visited on 25th September 2012. The tram stop you need is SKF, not Ejdergatan as mentioned in the previous review - but it is visible from the stop. The vegan menu on offer here is simply out of this world, better than many pure vegan restaurants I have visited. My girlfriend had the Capricciosa pizza, I was brave and had the Kebabish. I'm salivating sitting here in London two and a half weeks later writing and thinking about it! The place itself is a bar and restaurant that is very cosy and friendly. The man responsible for the vegan menu at Old Corner is Jonsborg of Jonsborg's Taco in the centre of town. He happened to be having a drink on the night that my girlfriend and I visited and the waitress insisted that we met him. He was a very cool guy and his passion for vegan food is an inspiration, we promised to visit Jonsborg's Taco the following day (see separate review). If you are in Goteborg please visit this place, it's well worth the trek!! I wish I could give it 5 cows or more!!

Pros: Best Vegan Pizza in the World, Ever!!!, Huge Vegan Menu, Friendly, cosy, good beer
dagny70
dagny70

Yummy pizza

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2011

We had 3 lovely pizzas here on our recent trip to Gothenburg, and although I'm happy enough to just eat vegetable pizzas, it was great to try something different for a change. I had mock 'ham' and mushroom pizza, and the others in the group had a mexicana pizza (involved soy chilli & jalepenos) and a wild west pizza (bbq sauce, mock 'ham', mock 'pepperoni'). The food was really tasty and inexpensive, and the pub restaurant has a very casual vibe. Take tram numbers 8 or 6 to Ejdergatan, and you will see the place on the corner.

Pros: Great choice, Inexpensive, Tasty & different
Cons: Not 100% veggie
Jocke
Jocke

Wonderful experience!

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2010

Old Corner is not a strictly vegan/vegetarian place but they have an entire vegan menu with plenty to choose from - 15+ diffrent pizzas and much more! I've only tried a small taste of the menu so far but what I've had has been delicious. Their vegan menu looks like a normal menu - they are generous with fake meats and vegan cheese etc. It is a nice pub with seating both in and outdoors. If you prefer a sit down restaurant too a local pub then maybe this isn't the place for you though. But overall it's a great place.

Pros: Large vegan menu, Good prices, Friendly and quick service
Cons: Smoking, Not 100% vegan, Local pub atmosphere
aouri
aouri

This is the place to go!

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2010

They have a WHOLE vegan menu with everything from pizza to home made dishes such as pasta, coalgrilled steak.
The also have a regular menu so it's perfect if you have friends who aren't convinced in vegan cuisine.
Really tasty pizzas! I go there once a month at least and dream about their food often.

Pros: Delicious, long open hours, vegan
Fanny
Fanny

Best place ever

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2009

Oh my god, this place is so good! They are not a completly vegan place, but they have a long vegan menu including a lot of pizzas, burger plate, pasta dishes and salads. The pizzas are all the classics but with vegan versions, and also their own compositions. There are a lot of faux meats, sauce, vegcheese and other toppings. The price are low and the staff are friendly.PIZZ

Pros: PIZZAS, price

Dear Owner and Manager of Old Corner: