Serves meat, veg options available. A 200 yr old famous tofu restaurant. Yudofu set meal cost Y3,150; traditional tofu meal Y4,200. Address in Japanese: 京 都市 东山 区 清水 3-340. Reported to use fish sauce for the sauce which is served separate. Serves vegan hot boiled Tofu dishes (Not Tofu Shojin Ryori). Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Non-veg
3-340 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama-ku (Bus stop 100, 202, 206, 207)
Kyoto, Japan
075-525-2051

Open daily 10.30-17.00, closed Thur.

First Review by Jessqi
Jessqi
Jessqi

Not Worth the Value

3 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

I was really looking forward to going here again as I had gone with my mother 10years ago. I remember it was delicious. This time most of the food was good but not great and the tempura was a little tough. Perhaps overmixed or the batter had gotten too hot. I would have been happy enough if it hadn't cost Y4100.

Dear Owner and Manager of Okutan Kiyomizu: