Oki Eco Market

Small shop selling a variety of fresh produce, vegan products, health supplements and other goods. They also sell snacks and light meals. Located in a Hare Krishna complex, all foods available adhere to the Hare Krishna principals. more-less

First Review by veganonfoot
veganonfoot
veganonfoot

Meh.

3 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

Went today to Oki Eco Market, maybe it was just the dude working today, but he didn't really help at first, adn when I tried to speak in Spanish, he responded in English, even though my Spanish is good and people always understand me and like to chat with me.

To add to that, although they had all kinds of delicious looking products (including seitan for sale-though I saw no tofu...), he didn't know which were vegan and which were not. He had to guess and ended up selling me a "vegan chocolate bread/cake" that is really more like a sweet bread in questionable origin. Didn't know if the sauces for my papa rellena (potato empanada like thing) were vegan and ultimately was just not very well informed about the products.

It's a good idea, and a nice store, especially if you're vegetarian and want to try a few products-questionable if you're vegan but maybe worth another visit?

Dear Owner and Manager of Oki Eco Market: