Little cafeteria style vegan cafe located within a health food and organic grocery shop. Independently owned and operated, a kind of community space. Closed on Sun. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by tinam001
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Healthy, vegan and inexpensive!

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I love this place. The menu rotates daily, but you can always count on them having a soup and 2-3 main entrees, plus some sides. You can get a combo meal or just pick an item to have by itself.

Everything is vegan, mostly organic, and prepared in-house for a rotating daily menu. The food is extremely fresh; sometimes it lacks a little spice, but it's quite good other than that.

This is also a store, aside from the cafe, and they carry an assortment (somewhat limited) of vitamins, bulk goods and snack foods, etc.

Highly recommended.

Pros: All-vegan, Inexpensive, Friendly
Cons: Limited seating
dancingvegan
dancingvegan

Not So Happy Days!

2 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2011

A friend and I went there about two months ago. We walked in and looked around and thought, hmmmmm... where is the restaurant? The building was old and not taken care of very well, sadly (not happily). After asking someone, we were told that a tiny little space at the entrance to the store was where the food was (in food container inserts) and the very limited menu on a board. Reluctantly, but hungry, we decided since we drove all the way out there, we would try it. The food was on the underside of mediocre and the plate was visually unappealing. I wanted to write this review not to put down the place, but to make others aware that it is not a cafe or a restaurant and not to except that like we did.

Pros: Reasonable prices
Cons: Old & dirty, Food not very good, Location
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

yummy

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

this place makes me so happy. i just wish they'd have a to go menu or post on the website what the day's menu is. everything is AWESOME.

Pros: QUALITY, QUANTITY, SERVICE
Cons: CROWDED, MENU CHANGES, PARKING

granola girl
granola girl

Vegan food

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2011

I love Oh Happy Days! Amazing home cooked vegan food.....I wish I could cook the food John does. Prices are so reasonable, atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. Truly a one of a kind restaurant/store!!!

vegandeaner
vegandeaner

my favorite

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2008

i love oh happy day. i went last week and had two entrees which were a vegan burrito and stew with salad and steamed greens on the side. i would recommend anybody to this place, very refreshing atmosphere to all the posh sort of trendy vegan places is LA, when you go here you feel like you are in another city in another time, awesome!!

ivy
ivy

This place is great!

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2008

Really great food at reasonable prices. The market was also a big plus as well. I had the yam plate which I believe had a split pea soup on top with the a healthy portion of the best collards greens around. There was also a nice sized portion of a hearty salad of greens, shredded beets and carrots. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Pros: tasty food , price, selection
Cons: don't expect fastest service
tinam001
tinam001

I'll definitely go back!

4 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2008

Stopped by Oh Happy Days to check it out. Sign reads "organic" - so I was interested. Small natural food store and the nicest guy running the place (possibly the owner). The menu is organic (as much as possible), vegan and changes each day. They have a handful of items and the prices are fair. I had soup (with rice and veggies) and a salad. Good, wholesome, tasty lunch for $5.25 .

I am definitely going back. I had seen the place before but didn't stop because it looked small and questionable. My bad - you'd think I would learn by now. It was GREAT. Warm, inviting and comfortable.
If you're ever in the area and want good, healthy vegan food - stop on by.

Cheers.

Pros: yummy, quick, fairly priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Oh Happy Days Vegan Cafe: