Serves meat, veg options available. At this beachside Mediterranean kitchen and grill, the owner makes effort to cater to vegans and vegetarians and has created a separate vegan menu which features a veggie burger, veggie platters, and veggie wraps. Choices include house-made hummus, lentil soup, a platter of eggplant, avocado, hummus, olives, and cucumber. Casual with free wi-fi. Confirmed open, Oct 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mediterranean, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
845 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd

okwdvc
okwdvc

YUCK!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

The atmosphere is that of a greasy diner and that is exactly what it is. We both got veggie wraps. How on earth can you ruin a veggie wrap? Well, let's see....first you stuff it with hard chunks of lettuce, then you add a microscopic amount of other veggies, you FRY the wrap on the grill until it is dripping with oil, and then you pour a salad dressing which is 95% oil on the inside. Totally disgusting. In addition, it came with nothing; a wrap on a tiny bread plate. No pickle, chips, some more grease....nothing! Not healthy and not worth it.

Cons: The food, The atmosphere, The food....did I mention that already?
Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

a vegan menu in ft. lauderdale!

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

This place is a nice little beachside find. They have a separate vegan menu, which features several wraps, salads, and even vegan French toast. We got the hummus as an appetizer (pretty good; small portion compared to other hummus appetizers I've had); the avo salad wrap (too much oil, but fresh veggies and crisp tortilla); and French toast (a little dry but overall I was eating every bite). It's definitely a unique spot. Service was a little slow and I don't think I ever got my water refilled. Like every beachside restaurant, it's overpriced for what you get, but a fun time and definitely unique. We would come back again.

Pros: vegan menu, beachside location
Cons: portion size, price
juleme
juleme

Not Happy Cow Worthy

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

Forget about the long wait, the worse part is the food. Bagels out of the bag, vegan toast a shame, soy chai lattes bring tears to your eyes. All you do is pay for the location. Not worth exploring.

Cons: noisy , expensive, not homemade

beetsrock
beetsrock

Vegan eats with an ocean view

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

Was pleasantly suprised to discover this restaurant has an entire vegan menu -- thank you Happy Cow! A large assortment of wraps and sandwiches. Nothing fancy, but the veggie burger was good and the location across from the beach is excellent for people watching from the outdoor tables. One man ran the entire show and he couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Vegan french toast served all day.

Pros: good value, super friendly staff, excellent location
Texican Veg
Texican Veg

Great location, great vegan grub!

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

Used the Happy Cow App to find this casual spot across from the beach, the food was fresh and delicious,great people watching spot and friendly staff. Great vegan menu, the iced chai tea with soy was great also!

Shemotor
Shemotor

Good wraps, slow service

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

It took half an hour for our food to arrive because one of the orders was the wrong food item. We told the waitress we were vegan. The wraps we ordered were very good.

meisterman
meisterman

French Toast IS vegan

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2012

So I went in today for my 1st time to see what all the fuss is about - is there really a place promoting Vegan French Toast but using non-vegan bread? The server/cashier wasn't sure if the bread had eggs or milk, so she asked the owner guy. Both very nice people - he explained how they used whole wheat bread & asked me how or why would anyone put milk into whole wheat bread. I told him I couldn't think of a reason, so I ordered it. Honestly, I make kick-ass vegan french toast, so when I say I won't be ordering theirs again, it's not because it wasn't good. Whole wheat might have been ok (I use sourdough bread), but it wasn't; it was a dark almost pumpernickel-purple kind of dark bread. Then, very soggy in the middle. The hash brown was one of those frozen potato patties, unfrozen. I ate it. Now the Juice was fresh-squeezed & worth the trip. I will stop here on a bike ride one day, for the juice & to try the veggie burger. The owner guy told me they get the vegan veggie burger premade from a local mfr. Bike here, if possible, and just get the fresh juice & vegan burger - as car parking is an issue with only a few paid meter spots on the beach.

Pros: fresh OJ juice
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Nice view, fun little place but be specific

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2012

I've been here twice and both times the food was pretty good. The sidewalk seating is pleasant on a nice day. If you're in a rush, this isn't the place for you. The vegan menu is NOT totally vegan! The croissants, the french toast, the white bread and the biscuits are all definitely not vegan but appear on the menu. The fries are frozen and then heated on a panini press...pretty cool way of avoiding oil but then again you're getting frozen french fries. All-in-all I'd definitely return but I would love to see them switch the menu to be more accurate.

Pros: Vegan options, Nice view, Decent tasting food
JohnS242
JohnS242

Small

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

More like 1/2 of a sidewalk cafe, very small. Two or 3 rickety plastic tables outside and a couple inside. Might be ok for takeout...

anacampos
anacampos

I LOVE their vegan burger!

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

This is a small, friendly, family-owned restaurant on A1A. The food is fresh and homemade. They now have VEGAN french toast!! I think they have the best and only vegan burger on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The fries are baked and not fried! They also have a special vegan menu which features several excellent options. They are discussing offering some vegan desserts which I hope they do! My favorite platter remains the marinated eggplant, avocado, olives, cucumber and homemade hummus which quickly became the Ana special.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 29, 2012

Pros: Vegan Options, Friendly Staff, Quality Food

Dear Owner and Manager of Ocean View Delight: