Ocean Beach People's Organi...

Vegetarian and vegan deli, juice bar. Located upstairs of the co-op market. Offers sandwiches, coffee, juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lact, American, Bakery, Juice bar, Take-out
4765 Voltaire St (Sunset Cliffs, Ocean Beach)
San Diego, California 92107

ShantiPeace
ShantiPeace

A Mainstay

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2015

I usually have a bite at the eatery that is above the grocery store when I go shopping here. Healthy, wholesome and easy. Small salad bar, rotating items in prepared salads cooler and rotating items at small cooked items counter. Always has rice and beans and two soups and fresh made tea/juice. Mostly or all vegan and organic. I can usually get some gluten free, refined sugar free cookies at the baked goods rack. Indoor and outdoor seating, with decent pricing and interesting people coming and going. Live music music every Friday at dinner time and Sunday at lunch. So glad this place is here with the market!

Vadim
Vadim

Dream Vegan Breakfast joint

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2015

I stayed in the Point Loma Hostel and this is close by and on the way to Ocean Beach. I ended up going here for breakfast three times in a row because it's that good. The rotating selections are all vegan, fresh, and served buffet style. When I went, the selection included: tofu scrambles with different vegetables, seasoned with turmeric and other spices; homemade soy sausages; fresh fruit mixtures; vegan tuna salad casserole; home-baked (everything there is home-baked) biscuits and gravy; roasted seasoned potatoes; a variety of baked cookies and muffins; and wonderful coffee and herbal teas. (There was more, but I don't remember exactly what). There is nice seating and the workers were almost all friendly. Great place.

Pros: excellent selection of vegan b'fast item, fresh, good off-street parking
Cons: can't really think of any
jasonlheath
jasonlheath

Awesome Place

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

Excellent retail space and range of goods. We also had a few items from upstairs and found these delicious and good value. If you're in the area stop here.

Pros: Great Shop, Great Cafe, Tasty Food

Star the magic vegan
Star the magic vegan

The Best Market In California

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

I have not eaten in the deli, but I will get some fantastic drinks there often before shopping. This is the best market I have ever been to. There is no meat to be found. The food tastes great when you prep and eat your acquired groceries at home. The deli upstairs looks great, and is convenient. But if you do not buy groceries, you have missed the point.

Pros: Market
KurtDavidHermansen
KurtDavidHermansen

Great vegan cookies and food

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

Breakfast or lunch, you can't go wrong. The food is fresh and delicious.

reallyjilly
reallyjilly

Loved it!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2013

I didn't find San Diego to be very vegan friendly. It was wonderful to find a deli with ALL vegan food. I could order anything. It smelled great as soon as we got there, and the food was wonderful. Lots of selections hot and cold. Everyone was really friendly to us, and there were enough small tables along the side we could find one even during the lunch hour rush. Highly recommend this place as an inexpensive place to eat wonderful vegan food. The staff were friendly, even the guy who cleaned up my water spill. Also very patient with questions. Didn't feel rushed.

Pros: Lots of variety, Everything was delicious, Friendly staff
heathera75
heathera75

All vegan cafe, service at co-op not as great.

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

Pretty good and I would normally rate an all vegan cafe 5 or 4 stars if its delicious...I will say I did like the few things I ate and what I sampled from cold case. I also put together a nice organic salad to go as well. I have to say the place is pretty crowded and noisy. Each time I went here during my trip to San Deigo, I have felt that its simply a stressful place. This co-op is big (which is good) and the cafe is upstairs. I was not all that impressed with the customer service at both the co-op downstairs or the people checking me out in the deli. Everyone seemed to rushed and pushy and the cashier misinformed me of few questions about memberships from out of state. Made me miss the co-op I belong to in Portland. :(

Pros: Variety of food (changes daily), Organic soup and salad bar
Cons: not so knowledgeable staff, not exceptionally friendly either

Dear Owner and Manager of Ocean Beach People's Organic Foods Deli: