CLOSED: Obsidian Cafe

Juice bar and plant food cafe, open late Sept 2013. Open for evening meals with appointment only. AUG 2014 reported cafe part is closed - still runs retreats. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, British, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by nahidamiah
Pepperpepper
Pepperpepper

Not for me

2 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience at this cafe. There was dead flies squashed on the wall where I sat and some mould around the wall. This was extremely off putting. The food was okay at best but it was hard to eat when there were so many dead flies in the corner of my eye. The fly situation was worse in the toilet, many dead flies on those sticky fly catcher things. However the juice I had was nice.

Pros: Juice, Choice of juice
Cons: Dead flies, Mould, Food/not great value
Sophia Mononoke
Sophia Mononoke

Finally - an all vegan and healthy eatery :)

5 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2013

Healthy, colourful and scrummy food and the loveliest staff. I always leave with more than my 5 a day :) This is where I meet friends and family for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or a couple of juices and a sweet treat. It's just great :) Completely vegan and gluten free!

Pros: Good portions, Healthy, Welcoming
nahidamiah
nahidamiah

Lovely Vegan Food

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

It's great to see a cafe with a meat-free and dairy-free menu in Loughborough. The food was great and the staff member very friendly. The environment was lovely. Although, the lunch menu is slightly limited it is a place I can go to again without having to explain what a vegan is or worry that there would be nothing I can eat.

Pros: Food, Staff , Ethics
Cons: Slightly Limited Lunch Menu

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Obsidian Cafe: