Oasis Vegetarian Cafe

Small Riverside vegetarian restaurant attached to La Sierra Natural Foods store. Limited vegan options. Prices inexpensive to moderate. Call for hours. twitter.com/oasisveggiecafe Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American

TruBluBob
TruBluBob

Love It!

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

This place is awesome. I usually get a craving for the black bean burger about once a week. Lots of great choices. Reasonably priced. The attached market has some unique items but it's a bit pricey.

michnurse03
michnurse03

Always wonderful

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

My husband and I eat here at least once a week,
My favorite is the black bean burger, or mushroom wrap.

We try something new each time we go, and are never disappointed. They often have new dishes, so be sure to check out the board before ordering. They often have wonderful soups, or salads that are not on the menu.

If the food wasn't enough of a reason to go, the services will leave you smiling, every employee has been nothing but fun and friendly. Always happy to serve you. The manager will often come out and greet you, and check on how your food is. It's worth the drive.

Pros: great food, service, price
Cons: not open saturdays
KatieB
KatieB

Great little food counter

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

I went three times before reviewing. The first two times I waited for about 20 minutes for my food, and the third time I only waited around 5 minutes. It wasn't very busy any of the times I was there. I got the portobello wrap, the steak wrap, and the steak burrito. The wraps were excellent, I didn't care for the burrito because it seemed to be mostly black beans (at least a whole can's worth) that overpowered the other ingredients. The wraps were juicy and flavorful, but ask for a fork, because they don't wrap them burrito style to keep the ingredients in...it's just kind of rolled up. They make their own mock-meats, and the steak is very tender, juicy, and flavorful. The prices are reasonable at around $5-6 for a wrap, but they don't come with sides unless you order some. Make sure you ask if you need a receipt, they don't always know how to get the register to print. There were a few round tables outside the counter to eat, but they also have a little area inside the grocery store where you can sit too. Overall, I was very happy with the food, but would love to see some more side options...maybe kale or quinoa salad.

Pros: Fair Prices, Delicious Wraps, Make their own mock-meat
Cons: Long wait, no sides unless ordered, no healthy side

hh
hh

My Favorite Place in the IE

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

Oasis is a walk-up window place attached to La Sierra Natural Foods, a vegetarian grocery store. Look for the La Sierra sign along the road, as it's easy to miss the Oasis sign on the building. There are a few round picnic table style benches in front and there's some seating inside the grocery store. There can be a bit of wait, so I go in the store and pick up a couple of groceries. I love their carnitas. Passionately. I try to make it monthly for carnitas and a protein shake (both vegan). It closes early on Friday and is closed on Saturday.

Pros: tasty vegan options
Cons: a bit of a wait
tayloo
tayloo

Really is an oais

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

I come here at least once a month. I love everything they serve. I always crave their chicken nuggets tho. If you are in the area stop by.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food , Cheap prices
Cons: Not open 7 days a week
patcee
patcee

Great place!

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2011

I found the Oasis Cafe through the LivingDeals site where I bought a deal for $20 of food for $10. I took a friend and we tried it out today. Everything on the menu sounded good but we decided to try the pupusos and sweet tamales. The pupusos were delicious. Great cheese and black beans inside a big tortilla with special sauce and fresh sauerkraut. Something crunchy went well with the cheese and beans. The sweet tamales were also delicious, but one is enough for two (and maybe three) because they are rich. A cooked filling of prunes, raisins and nuts. It was fun visiting the connected natural foods store and I didn't know what about half the stuff was in there. It is a fantastic place to learn about different ingredients for cooking healthy meals at home. Staff is friendly and prices are reasonable. I will certainly go there again - and soon.

Pros: excellent food, inexpensive, clean and comfortable
Cons: larger variety of drinks, inside dining was too cold
Branditron
Branditron
  • non-vegetarian

AMAZING

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2011

This food is so great it tastes amazing the texture is fantastic! I had the Carnitas taco. It is more than enough to fill you up! I will be eating here frequently.

Pros: legit vegetarian, great prices, DELICIOUS
Cons: long prep time
WokWildside
WokWildside

An Oasis Among a Desert of Non-Veg Options

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2010

So, if you're vegan and stuck in Riverside/Corona, expect to have few true vegan/vegetarian eating options. Oasis (not open Saturdays) was definitely welcome to our hungry tummies. The menu is all vegetarian, and vegan items are clearly marked. The owner, a Seventh-Day Adventist, has created a place that's very considerate, and the workers are friendly and knowledgeable about the vegan options. The Taquitos were crisp and not too oily (skillful when something is deep-fried). The Carnitas was excellent. The seitan was flavorful, and the salsa works very well. I would've liked some cabbage in there, but that's just me. The Tamale was HUGE! The flavors were good, but not great, but it was nice to have a fully vegan tamale. The masa was soft and creamy. Very different from the harder tamales we've had previously. The only real negative was the hot dog. The dog itself had a flavor we weren't used to, but the bun was really good. They have juice smoothies, burgers, and other things too.

Pros: Vegan-knowledgeable, Tasty vegan Mexican-style food, Friendly staff
Cons: Some flavors weren't to our liking
Elba
Elba

yumm

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2010

I like going here because it's like fast food but healthy.
They have Americanized food, they also serve Mexican and Salvadorian items, I recommend the vegan steak burger with a corn dog and some lemon-aid. They have a store but its somewhat pricey but has lots and lots of food and alternatives. They recently have been selling daya cheese.
Its also a perfect destination spot for bike rides if you're in the corona / riverside area.

Pros: Food is yummy, indoor and outdoor seating, everyone is friendly
Cons: they need ketchup bottles not packages, kind of pricey, closes early on weekends
Mandy13
Mandy13

Good burrito

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2010

Found this little cafe on this site and checked it out. I had a burrito and had them add some "chicken" to it, ssoo good. Next I can't wait to try the "BLT" or I heard the "steak" burger is also really good. Check it out and enjoy.

Pros: Cheap, Good menu variety
becastro23
becastro23

MMMmmm fake steak

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2009

Please try the steak burger. I ordered it with soy mayonaise and soy cheese. Yum. Carnitas are next!

Pros: Good Food, Wait is lengthy
Cons: Cold inside
badrelijen
badrelijen

LOVE Oasis!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2009

My boyfriend and I stopped their today after it was recommended to us by a friend. We both got a vegan steakburger, and we shared the taquitos and an order of fries. The steakburger was PERFECT. The best burger I can remember having, hands down. The fries were tasty too. The taquitos were a little bland inside, but not bad. Service time was decent and the portions were good. I can't wait to go back to try the carnitas...and to have another steakburger!

Pros: deliciousssss
Cons: in the middle of nowhere
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Badrelijon, I found your review excellent. That sounds like quite a burger. I'll have to see if it can top the Veggie Grill though!

Samlovesvegi
Samlovesvegi

SuperawesomeGOOD!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2009

Im vegetarian so I LOVE THIS PLACE! The steak burger combo is my favorite and the other dishes are great too. I love the salvadorian food they sell too like the papusas. If you never had salvadorian food, TRY IT!!

Pros: Tasty, Moderate Prices, Connivence
Cons: Long Waits, few vegan dishes
beitme
beitme

good little place for lunch

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2008

This is a little side joint to a bigger grocery store. Decent value with a few vegan items. A better deal is the hamburger/fries/drink combo for 6.50; get the vegan steak burger, it's my favorite. The other vegan items are okay. Isn't open as many hours as other places and the portions are that big, making this place a nice stop for lunch, but not necessarily for a dinner.

Pros: good food, friendly staff
Cons: limited hours

love Oasis!

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2008

This Place has great food and the price is just as awsome!the chiken nuggets are yummy and so are the tamales.i love going with friend who arn't vegitarian and they order what they think is meat and fall in love with vegan food =)

Pros: Price, Taste, very friendly!
Cons: you might drive past it at first
Kas1528
Kas1528

OK FOR A LITTLE WHILE

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2008

I'M VEGAN AND MY BEST FRIEND IS VEGETARIAN. WE FOUND OASIS AND INSTANTLY LOVED IT. WE DIDN'T KNOW OF TOO MANY PLACES WHERE WE COULD GO TO GET VEG FOOD. WELL THEY HAVE VERY FEW VEGAN OPTIONS AND AFTER GOING A COUPLE TIMES I WAS SICK OF IT. ALOT OF TIMES THE FOOD ARRIVES COLD. ANOTHER TIME I ASKED SOMEONE IF THEY COULD MAKE A SANDWICH VEGAN AND THEY ASKED ME WHAT VEGAN WAS. THIS IS A VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT THEY SHOULD KNOW WHAT VEGAN IS!!!

jennchic
jennchic

Healthy and Delicious!

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2007

This is a quick, outdoor cafe adjascent to a natural foods store, but customers have the option of eating inside at an eating area inside the store or at some outside tables. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff is very friendly. Try their soups of the day -- always great! It's 100% vegetarian and very vegan friendly, as they have soy milks and cheeses available for any dish. Also the veggie BLT is the best I've ever had. Everything is very affordable--most menu items like sandwiches run fro $2 to $3.50.

Pros: healthy cuisine, wide variety of food, excellent value
Cons: small portions
danakscully64
danakscully64

Delicious and Affordable!

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2007

My boyfriend and I decided to try this place after reading about it on here. My first time there, I ordered the vegan carnitas sans onions and let me tell you... DELICIOUS! I could eat one every day and never get sick of it. They also have delicious chik nuggets and tamales. If I lived closer, I'd go almost everyday. The carnitas are best when ordered crispy. While they have some unhealthy menu items, they're all vegetarian and have a wide enough selection to please everyone!

Pros: Inexpensive, Fast service, Delicious!!
Cons: Long line at lunch, Far from my house :(
kenneth
kenneth

the best for the $$$

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2007

Review below is incorrect, Oasis/La Sierra is run by the SDA church, they serve no meat products at all. Vegan menu is limited but delicious and CHEAP. Vegan steak burger + lg. fries + 50c soda (in market) == happy vegan

Pros: great food, cheap, no meat products in the entire store
Cons: steak burger too crispy sometimes, aren't open saturdays (creepy SDAs!)

Great for Lunch

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2007

This is a favorite local joint for our friends both vege and carnivorous...great for a quick, easy lunch. Definitely great for vegetarian choices, although not if you lean towards raw or unprocessed (limited choices). Has some vege Mexican foods that are yummy. Check out the market while you wait.

Dear Owner and Manager of Oasis Vegetarian Cafe: