Laid back vegan restaurant serving American ad Ital food: faux meat burgers and sandwiches, appetizers, smoothies, shakes, fresh juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Caribbean, Ital
Now Open

Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm

First Review by marktaos
Alialibobali
Alialibobali

delicious!

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2016

Went in for the first time just now. Everyone there was so friendly, and the meatball sandwich was AMAZING! I'll definitely be coming back! Another plus side is that everything there is vegan, so there's no asking what's vegetarian and what's vegan. So cool :)

Pros: all vegan
evanwellens
evanwellens

Great food

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2015

Great food , good spicing nice people. We go every week.

Pros: Great food, Reasonable price, Close
Cons: Can take a long time to get food
Nanuet.Vegan
Nanuet.Vegan

great food!

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2015

Staff were very friendly. It's not so much a menu, as it is daily specials. Everything was very moorish, would visit again.

AlanC
AlanC

Very expensive for small portions

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2015

Food was just okay. For everything you order from the kitchen, the prices are stipulated. For everything you order from the counter (where you can choose veg, main dish, and rice) there are no stipulated prices. We paid $12 for a skimpy portion of food on one plate the first night and $16 the next. When asked why we paid more, we were told that we were charged for extra portions because we had asked for a little more. The server who is also the manager measures everything out in very small portions. They do not serve with a full hand and charge way too much. When we made a comment that the price was pretty steep for not a lot of food, Ricky the manager told us "I don't make the rules." Clearly, he doesn't try to make return customers either. For service with a full hand and reasonable and upfront prices, go to Veggie Heaven in New City. They are also nice and appreciate repeat customers. There was not a lot of traffic the two hours we were in Main Essentials, so I doubt their business plan is growing the business.

Pros: Food was okay.
Cons: Inconsistent pricing, Indifferent staff
CatLady
CatLady

Nyack Main Essentials

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

We were so happy to find another vegan place to eat. This place is a gem. The food was good and very reasonably priced.

The proprietor is such a warm and friendly person. He was so nice to us. He explained the menu items and made us feel welcome. We will definitely be going here again.

Pros: Good food, reasonably priced., Very clean, well maintained., Friendly comfortable atmosphere.
JuniorStarkes
JuniorStarkes

food is great.

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

It a freindly place to go to. The food is Great different variety of food to choose from. It my favorite spot hands dwn

karla_marx
karla_marx

great buffet variety

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

This place has a super-friendly vibe. I like their buffet as you can get a wide variety of food--they have great greens and usually a couple of different types of seitan. I prefer the veggies to the sandwiches, though--I had the crispy chickn sandwich once and it was a bit too heavy for me. Nice juice bar as well, though I frequent that less often now that I have my own juicer. Lunch special is something like $10 for a full buffet plate plus a fresh juice.

Pros: friendly, variety, fresh
Cons: can get pricey
AnimalsFeelPain2
AnimalsFeelPain2

MAIN ESSENTIALS is the main important TING, yes

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2013

what a fantastic and kind enterprise these folks have brought to Nyack town.. caribbean style delicious vegan fare.. everything is prepared with love and a nice touch of the island spices.. already been a half dozen times.. i delved into the spicy chicken sando, the meatball sando, and the crispy tofu strips.. all crazy yum.. tried their veg stew mixed w beans and okra, sweet jesus.. and the beef empanadas are the best i've ever eaten.. love their power fruit and veg shakes too.. love the casual setting.. the server Borrato is v helpful and v kind.. and cleary v proud of the cruelty-free love he and his co-workers dish out daily.. so am i.. v proud.. do not hesitate.. go now!!!!

KAAT
KAAT

Great Choice!

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

Really tasty food! Also, Reality, who is the owner's brother and works the front of the restaurant, is warm and welcoming. The combination of the food and Reality is a winning one!

NicoleF
NicoleF

Perfect

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

This is a feel good kind of place. I ate a ton of food and didn't have that over stuffed gross feeling. The guy helping me was fantastic too. The place was clean and the food was fresh. I can't wait till I can take my husband back there for dinner. So many good foods left to try.

Pros: fresh food, great staff, excellent food
silic0nsilence
silic0nsilence

Delicious.

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2009

The environment is pretty good at Nyack Main Essentials. The owner is very friendly. This restaurant is kind of "buffet-style." They have some food that is available every day in addition to a regular menu. I tried the buffet, having some sort of faux chicken and rice along with some vegetables. To drink, I had fresh squeezed orange juice. The portions of food were decent, could have been a little more. The food was very good, whatever the owner uses as ingredients in the faux chicken definitely makes it the best in Nyack.

The fresh orange juice was amazing. This was my first time having the juice fresh, and I was pleasantly surprised. The meal was a little overpriced, coming in at around $14. At $10, it would have been perfect.

Overall, the food was very good, but the menu was not very exciting. Fun foods like faux chicken parm or faux cheesesteak would really make this place take off.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Owner/Staff, Great Juice Bar
Cons: A Little Pricey, Boring Menu
marktaos
marktaos

Delicious Carribean Vegan Food

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2009

My mom lives in Nyack so I get to eat here a lot when I visit her. The food here is very tasty! Beans, rice, plantains, greens, veggies, mock meats, empanadas (vegan turnovers), and yucca are available and very yummy. There is also lots of other great food too! The owner Enrique puts a lot of care and skill into preparing the food and it shows. Enjoy!

Pros: Yummy Food, Affordable, Nice Portions!
Cons: Not located in my town in New Mexico

Dear Owner and Manager of Nyack Main Essentials: