Nuts N Berries

Health food store stocking vitamins, supplements, and healthy grocery. The deli has several vegan and dishes (also non-veg), packaged prepared raw food, and vegan baked goods. Under current ownership since Sept 2011. more-less

First Review by Kabash
sky217
sky217

Big Changes to a Little Store

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2011

I've been going to this little health food store ever since I moved into the Brookhaven area and it has "grown" leaps and bounds. The staff there has always had a wonderful expertise and the new owners are a pleasant change to get used to. While the new owners may not be as natural as other employees, the selection of products is always naturally based. Also, the addition of Brookhaven Bistro to take over the old cafe is FABULOUS! Chef Chip makes incredible dishes, fresh soups and juices and a cold remedy, while a little tough to swallow, knocks it out in days! Great vegan/veg/gf menu options and he's always willing to accomodate any orders. It has a great homey feel and if you go enough they always know you by name and face. Nice small store to pick up natural things when Whole Foods and Return to Eden is too much of a trip!

Pros: Cafe, Knowledgeable staff, Great selection of vitamins/supplements
Cons: Small (may not carry certain products), Some commercial (non-natural) products
Kabash
Kabash

New Cafe

1 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2008

The new cafe, which just opened in Nuts n Berries should reconsider it's location. The clientel of this health food store expects vegetarian or at least vegetarian-like. There was so much FISH on the menu, I thought I might be on the coast. But nope, just land-locked ATL. The only vegetarian option offered was a non-creative rice veggie bowl. Boring. I could make that at my house. The staff is non-interested in it's customers. The owner had his 7 year old son and his friend taking orders, which weren't even processed. Shouldn't children be at home playing in the yard? Anyway, if you're looking for true vegetarian, Nuts N Berries' new cafe is not your answer. Try Veggie Land on Pharr Road. De-lish!!! 404-231-3111

Cons: Rude Staff, Non-Veggie
  • Chef Chip Chef Chip

Hi. I'm the owner of the café at Nuts N' Berries, "the Brookhaven Bistro." I'm familiar with the incident this member is writing about and her statements are true. I did also personally apologize to her for the mishap and would like to take this opportunity to apologize once again, publicly.

The theme of our café is "traditional foods prepared in a more healthful way." We most definitely support vegetarianism but also want to provide a place where non-vegetarians can get a healthy lunch.

At the time of this person's visit, we were in the process of updating our menu. It's now completed and we do offer approximately 30% vegetarian fare. We feature well-crafted soups, gourmet salads, fresh juices & smoothies, and delicious grilled foods. Most days we also have a lunch special or two for our patrons looking for something new.

To view our menu, please visit our website at www.cafennb.com.

• sky217 sky217

I've been coming to the cafe even before it was Brookhaven Bistro and I've always enjoyed the vegetarian selection of foods. Being vegan, Chef Chip even personally creates dishes for me when I come into the cafe if the special is vegetarian or made with meat and is always willing to make accomodations. My absolute favorite was the veggie wrap (before I realized my gluten intolerance) and I would always ask to add the tofu salad, so YUM! The three green (collard, kale, and mustard with mushrooms) soup is a typical special and I always make sure I have a cup when available. Not being a lifelong veghead, I understand that healthy eating is something everyone looks for, regardless how they eat. Keep up the great work Chef Chip! - Lizzie :)

PS: The new website is www.brookhavenbistro.com

Dear Owner and Manager of Nuts N Berries: