Small interior decorated with subtle colors, wooden tables, quiet music. Peaceful atmosphere. Buffet available. Dishes are offered as all-you-can-eat or by weight. Previously located on Alem 46 and named Azahares. Reported open to HappyCow, Oct. 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Argentinian, International, Juice bar, Buffet, Take-out
General Paz 328 (between Mitre and Patricias Mendocinas St)
Mendoza, Argentina

choogirl
choogirl

Good vegan option

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

This is an all you can eat buffet place or you can pay by weight. It was packed with locals when I went.

The food was good and they can tell you what is vegan.

They also had two vegan desserts on the day I was there. Yay!

Pros: Vegan desserts
guy_NZ
guy_NZ

Wonderful Place

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2012

This is a fantastic restaurant. It is very cleanly laid-out with lovely decor and seating arrangements. The buffet-style food is creative, fresh and delicious. The vegan options are numerous. The staff are charismatic and helpful. The prices are very very reasonable. I went here three times and on each occasion there were different choices and some recurring favourites such as salads. If you're a vegetarian and in Mendoza you must come here! I would almost say it's worth a trip from Santiago just to visit the lovely Azahares :)

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Relaxed atmosphere
batsnbikes
batsnbikes

Lots of vegan options!

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2011

My only regret is that we couldn't go more than once. Their hours are very limited (I think 1230-330pm) and they are closed on Sundays. Their food was very filling, nutritious and an excellent variety of vegan options. I talked to the one owner (she's vegan) and she showed me everything that was vegan (which was about 80% of the food there). The staff was wonderful, probably the best I've experienced and I can't stop thinking about how good the food was!

Pros: mostly vegan, friendly staff, variety
Cons: some cheese, limited hours

Jon A
Jon A

Best veg option in Mendoza

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2011

After trying out a few other veg restos in Mendoza, this one is by far the best. Not only because it has more vegan options or because it's cheaper than its competitors, but the service is friendly, and the place is nice.

Pros: central, good value, friendly staff
marc vos
marc vos

Very Fantastic!!!

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

After reading the review about Azahares we went there, and the food was exellent. We have travelled a lot and we must say that this is in our top three. Paula has been vegetarian for over 30 years, I sometimes like meat when there is a lack of good veggies, but even for non vegetarians there is plenty of choice. Another thing we liked was that there were a lot of locals, we were the only tourists. We liked it that you pay by weight, so if you are not very hungry you take a mini- pie or something small, if you are very hungry you dish up a few times and it still is relatively cheap. They also serve whine.
Marc&Paula
Holland

Pros: exellent food, great variaty, friendly staff
Carlos Packer-Comyn
Carlos Packer-Comyn

Wonderful mostly vegan restaurant in Mendoza

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2010

We discovered this new vegetarian vegan friendly restaurant in February 2010, whilst spending a week in Mendoza. We had already tried other vegetarian eateries in Mendoza and our verdict is that this one is the best by far, especially if you are vegan - like us - because you will find lots of delectable vegan options on offer (not just iceberg salad leaves). Because Azahares is new, everything is clean and fresh looking. The owners are vegan and delightful. The couple of ladies in the kitchen know what they are doing and display appetizing food on the buffet. They change the menu every day. You can eat in the small but welcoming restaurant or do take aways and eat at the nearby Plaza de Espana or back at your accommodation. We are well travelled "Kiwi" vegans, currently living in Santiago, and Azahares is in our top three vegan restaurants in the world so far. Congratulations to the owners. I hope they are succesful and that, psychologically and financially, are able to maintain the very high standards that they have set for their new business. Azahares appeared to be already well suppoorted by locals. From speaking to the owners, what they need now is support from overseas visitors. We ate there every single lunchtime and bought takeways for dinner. We only wish Mendoza was just a bit closer to Santiago so that we could head to Azahares every week-end.

Pros: Delicious vegan options, Menu changes every day, Very friendly vegan owners
JuneP
JuneP

Excellent lunch in Mendoza

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2009

I had lunch at Nutri Verde with my non-veggie friend last week. The choice and price was excellent - a wide variety of salads and hot dishes plus dessert and coffee all for 35 pesos! Lots of local people came in for lunch/takeaways whilst we were there. All working there are clearly proud of their food and very knowledgeable - well worth the visit and a wonderful change from pasta with tomato sauce!

Pros: Excellent choice, Great value, Lovely environment
Cons: Could include more pulses

Dear Owner and Manager of Nutri-verde: