Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese restaurant on 1st floor of MBK next to Tops supermarket. Has a separate vegetarian menu - no garlic, onion, eggs, or dairy used. Menu includes soups, noodles, rice, vegetables, faux meat, beverages. Previously on 6th floor. Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by goldie
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Not bad..

3 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

We were in a hurry so we only had two basic rice & mock meat dishes here- they were basic and good, did the job!

If you're stuck and can't find this other veg place inside (we didn't find it) then this will do, although they do serve meat etc so something to be aware of.

GoldCoastDiana
GoldCoastDiana
  • non-vegetarian

Nova - great food

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

My husband and I spent four days in Bangkok staying at a hotel attached to the MBK centre. We ate at the Nova Kitchen every day, trying different dishes. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and treated us really well. The food was fresh and delicious. We thoroughly recommend this little restaurant to all travellers, especially Aussies who are looking for reasonably priced great food with exceptional service. Our policy is try local and if you like it, go back, if you don't - go somewhere else. We really liked the atmosphere, food and friendly staff. Eat here!

Pros: Staff were friendly and helpful. , Food was fresh and delicious, Great variety
vtraveller
vtraveller

dissappointing

3 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2012

Was at this place years ago when it was all veg and upstairs. I was pretty disappointed with the food. Boring and pretty tasteless. I'm guessing they're not much into the veg section of their menu anymore and most customers go there to eat meat dishes. They do advertise the veg menu within MBK though, so maybe they care and just don't know better.

Pros: Location in MBK
Cons: boring fare

iamere
iamere

Vegan feasting

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2012

To find a restaurant on our door step that sold the sort of food they do here, was like heaven. (And I'm not even religious)
The variety of vegan options in here was amazing! For the first time in ages, we even had a sweet.
It's almost like over-kill on the 'mock' stuff, but I didn't complain in the slightest. I just filled my face.
The staff here are amazing. No matter what time we went, be it for breakfast of dinner, the same staff served us with a friendly smile. They were great and it soon became our second home.
The food was amazing. Lots of choices and the portions were not too bad. For the price, we often ate a few portions of bits and pieces for variety.
The cost was average, though due to the amount of times we ate there, I sometimes wished it was a little cheaper. But still, I think it was good value for money. We ended up paying between 3,500 to 5000 Bht for a good meal.
The locating is inside the min shopping mall and a little noisy but still it was nice.

Pros: delicious food, brilliant staff, lots of choice
Cons: inside a shopping mall, slightly sterile environment
emmers
emmers

handy if you're in MBK

3 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2009

I'm a veggie who likes mock meat dishes, and this place is good for a quick meal if you're in MBK. I had the barbeque chinese style "chicken" (120 bht) - this was fairly good, the bbq sauce was nice. The portions could be larger for the price, and the food doesnt have a particularly healthy or wholesome feel to it, but I'd be happy to go again for a quick meal if I'm in the area. They also had a separate veggie specials menu with some rice dishes (again, many with mock meat) priced more around 70-100 bht.

Pros: fair selection of mock-meat dishes, quick/convenient to MBK
Cons: didn't tast really fresh, portions quite small
goldie
goldie

Pretty Ordinary

2 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2008

Ate here early August '08. Firstly, this is not a vegetarian restaurant. It's a regular Chinese food court eating place with a separate vegetarian menu.
I wasn't too inspired by the look of the place or the menu but I was hungry so I took a punt.
Had some fried rice & spring rolls. The fried rice was OK but had too much of a mock meat taste. I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like meat at all & I'm sick of mock meat. Mock meat is meant for meat eaters who want to pretend they are not eating vegetarian.
The spring rolls were pretty bad - it was mostly thick pastry with only a small amount of filling. So basically i was eating some deep fried pastry. There were 3 of them but I could only manage one.

Overall it is bland shopping centre food mall grub. In retrospect I wish I'd gone to the fruit & juice bar in the coupon section.

Cons: mock meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Nova Kitchen - MBK: