CLOSED: Nourish

Serves meat, veg options available. A health food restaurant with vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose-free, soy free, nut free, and egg free choices. Most of the menu can be made vegan upon request. THIS LOCATION SHUT. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, America, Non-veg
Highland Ave (west of Scottsdale Rd)
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
480-684-2233

Open Tue-Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by Nikki5737
rdudrak
rdudrak

Very good vegan options

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

The restaurant now has many Vegan options, and the menu is clearly labeled as to Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten free, etc. The eggplant "cheese" rolls were good, and the fresh veggie burger, sweet potato air fries and Vegan chocolate mousse all were delicious. The meal was incredibly filling too. A second trip found the avocado & sweet potato salad fantastic, but the mock tuna was disappointing. Not bad, just not at all tuna-like. I'll definitely visit again in the future.

Pros: Excellent food, Well-labeled menu, Fast service (on a slow night)
Cons: Mock tuna not like tuna
bobbiross
bobbiross

Delish!!

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

I just got back from having dinner at Nourish. I was in absolute heaven from the first bite all the way until the last. I had the sweet potato "fries" mentioned in the other review and they were fabulous. No oil what so ever and the apricot sauce they served with them was tasty. My friend is vegan and gluten free and she thoroughly enjoyed her meal also. I had the raw tacos that were scrumptious. The menu had many choices for the variety of diets that people choose, and actually it was difficult to make our final decisions for our meal. The staff was really friendly, loved the atmosphere, and I really appreciated their willingness to accommodate any changes we asked for. I would highly recommend Nourish!variu

Pros: friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, extremely tasty, fresh, creative food
TucsonVeganGal
TucsonVeganGal

Stopped going here

2 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

The menu has become less and less appealing to vegans. The emphasis appears to be on gluten-free and towards omni. At one time this place was on our must-go-to places in the Phoenix area. No longer.

Pros: Friendly Staff
Cons: Price, Food availability

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Attempting to be Nourishing

2 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2011

I have to give this poor little restaurant some credit for trying. They attempt to cater to all types, and as you can see from the other review, when one attempts all, they end up mediocre at everything. They have a bit still to learn and some kinks to iron out. The fat free fries have fat in them and left our plate and napkins soaked with oil. We pointed that out, but I doubt any menu updates will be made. They buy the fried precut... You can just slice up your own and save a ton and they will actually be fat free... The healthy vegan options were slim. We had kitchen sink salads for both of us and we left hungry and searching for more food. They are extremely nice and really trying hard, but I'd give them more time to get it together or go on there way. The parking is horrible, I don't suggest valet, but figure out how to park for free underneath that monstrosity of a modern building.

Pros: attempt to cater to all
Cons: parking, could be better
Nikki5737
Nikki5737

Disappointing

2 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2011

My family chose this restaurant because they advertise catering to all types of diets. I'm vegan, my sister is Celiac, so is gluten-free, and my grandmother is allergic to nuts. It was great that their menu was clearly labeled so we could each see what would fit within our diets.
Unfortunately, the food was very bland and it took an hour to receive our entrees.
My sister had the chicken parmigiana, which she said the breading had such a weird aftertaste she scraped it all off. I had the Chef's special waffle, which was supposed to be chocolate-peanut butter, but was was extremely bland, with barely a hint of cocoa.
The menu also says they have three "vegan" desserts, but two of those have honey in them! The third they had run out of, so I did not have dessert. The after dinner coffee was also very bitter and tasted burned.
All in all, it took over 2 hours to complete our meal and there were only about 5 other tables filled while we were there. It was a very disappointing experience:(

Pros: caters to all kinds of diets, menu is clearly labeled for allergens, friendly staff
Cons: food is bland, kitchen is slow, labels honey as vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Nourish: