Nourish Market - Falls Church

Small market with a deli and catering service. Stocks a range of natural groceries, nutritional supplements, and organic foods. more-less

First Review by pinkr0bot
lorrainepeck
lorrainepeck

Great place to eat and learn

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2013

Nourish market has been a great find for my partner and I. We love the deli which serves vegetarian food, will use gluten free bread upon request. Has MOT (made to order) Kombucha and lots of over great foods. They have vitamins, chocolates, skin care. If you request something they do everything to find it and get it. The staff is FANTASTIC - knowledgeable, fun and make it a joy to go in and chat. The store also has free or nominal fee classes on various health issues. Stop in and enjoy

Pros: great food, fun place to go, knowledgable staff
LisaC
LisaC

Yay Sandwiches!

4 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2009

Excellent little cafe. I live nearby and love their sandwiches. Usually I get the veggie "chicken" salad (TVP or bust baby). The sandwiches are well priced (about $7 and almost more than I can eat). Plus, it's a quick and easy stop off of I-66 for a good lunch.

As a health food store, I'd rate this place a one or two, but they are near a Whole Foods and Trader Joes and have decided to carry mostly what you can't find there. It's a small place and the real draw is the cafe, but they also have a large vitamin section and some great greeting cards!

This local establishment has also been around for more than 18 years.

Pros: Fabulous cafe food, Friendly staff, Long standing local business
Cons: Small place, Few groceries
khb
khb

Not impressed

2 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2009

As a natural food store, this place isn't much use. There are only a few shelves of products around the edge of the room, most of them are blocked by seating for the cafe, and the prices I checked seem extremely high. They might as well be there for decoration. You certainly wouldn't want to do a full grocery shop here.

I've had lunch at the cafe twice. The first time was OK, but the second time was very disappointing. I ordered a vegan chicken salad sandwich on seven-grain bread, and received said sandwich on white bread. The vegan chicken salad itself was bland and uninteresting, and it fell out of the sandwich as soon as I picked it up. Maybe if you get to be a regular, you can learn what's good and what's not. If you're in the area anyway, it might be a convenient place to have lunch, but I don't consider it to be worth a special trip of any distance.

Pros: veg*n options, not too expensive
Cons: lousy mock chicken salad, messed up my order, shop is useless

pinkr0bot
pinkr0bot

Yummy Lentil Lunch

4 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2007

I went with my boyfriend (non-vegetarian, but will often happily eat veg with me) and he was kind enough to suggest going here for lunch as he thought it looked like a good vegetarian place. We shared a lentil soup and a lentil burger, both of which were very good! I just wished that they had convenient signs by each menu item for vegetarian, vegan, etc, since some things are not veg*n.

Pros: healthy, well spiced
Cons: labeling of food

Dear Owner and Manager of Nourish Market - Falls Church: