Non-profit organization in and around Portland, Oregon dedicated to bringing awareness to the power of a veg lifestyle and helping support people in their transition toward making healthier, more sustainable and compassionate food choices. more-less
Portland area
Portland, Oregon
503-746-8344

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Cruioso

Fabulous Organization

5 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2010

I feel honored to be the first one to give NW Veg their first review here. I'm so glad they were around and so active along with being so welcoming before I went veg to help me attain vegan[happi]ness.

NW Veg puts on the stellar and motivational VegFest every year which went from a church basement to a high school to a convention center to now two full days of amazing classes, demos, samples, info, connections, and speakers (at least 3 of whom have been on Oprah).

NW Veg also does Veg101 and MasterVeg Classes (I suggest taking both and it doesn't really matter which order as both have good info and life skills) which are inexpensive especially for what is presented.

Then there is monthly potlucks, a book club, and a dine-out. They also do a 4th of July picnic as well as a Vegan Thanksgiving event. Plus they sponsor the Vegan Group "Viva La Vegan" on MeetUp.

Events happen all over the metro area too so the Google map in the left corner is a bit misleading.

Membership also comes with a free subscription to a Veg Magazine and their own monthly newsletter.

This is a group that has helped save animals, our health, and the environment in major ways.

The people behind this club seem to be tireless and passionate about helping make being veg not just viable but fun, easy, and of course preferable. They've done great things and I'm so glad they were here to help me as I'm at a happy place in my life in big part because I have such a great diet which not have happened if not for this club (and I'm not the only one).

Portland wouldn't be the Veg Paradise it is if not for NW Veg.

Pros: Support, Education, Good Website

Dear Owner and Manager of Northwest VEG: