Serves meat, veg options available. Small Mediterranean restaurant that has clearly marked vegan items on the menu, the most popular of which is the vegan shawarma. Try the specialty mint iced tea. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Take-out, Delivery, Mediterranean, Non-veg
145 Barclay Farms Ctr, Rte 70 E
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08034
856-795-1373

Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 4:30-9pm.

First Review by mariaiswaycool

Amazing Food & Plenty of Vegan Options!

4 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

Love this place! Would give it 5 stars if I could. This rating will encompasses Norma’s (sit down), Cous Cous (hookah lounge, restaurant), and the little grocery shop (don’t know if it has a separate name) since the food is all from the same place. They have a very wide selection of vegan options and are knowledgeable about vegans. Currently, there is at least one staff member that is vegan and the owner was vegan for years. The meals are clearly marked vegan; however, there are a lot of vegan items that aren’t marked so be sure to ask. Me and the hubby have had the following aps & dishes: hummus (outstanding), Fuul Moudamas (delicious), Baba Ghanouj (delicious), vegan Bastilla (soooo good), Harrira soup, falafel wrap (I hate wraps and still loved this), tofu shwarma wrap, tofu tajin dinner (I never order the tofu option, but this is tofu done very well), vegan moussaka, every type of baklawa (they use rose water instead of honey, cashew is the best, trust me), some snacks from the grocery, and spinach turnovers. Everything is amazing. It’s difficult to recommend just one item. Normally, I would say get the specialty items not the standard stuff but the falafel is perfect, crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. I prefer the shwarma wrap a tiny bit more than the tajin dinner (both pretty much the same thing except the dinner has cous cous and veggies. The Bastilla is amazing and so is the moussaka. The tofu wrap and dinner are amazing! They use little tofu shreds. I never order the tofu options but our waiter talked me into trying it and I am so happy he did. We love everything so much, that we visit at least once a month despite the location being over 30 minutes away. The only issue I have, is that we end up spending a ton of money and bringing meals and leftovers home. Another issue is that we don’t do the hookah lounge on a weekend night slightly late because the music is blaring and we are just too old for that.

Pros: Amazing Food, Tons of vegan options, Knowledgeable staff

SO GOOD!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

While visiting Cherry Hill, NJ we decided to try Norma's based on the previous review. My husband had the Falafel sandwich and I had the Vegan Tofu Shawarma. OMG, the food was so good! The staff were warm and welcoming! Great food, great service and very affordable. Please try, you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Delicious food, Great service, Affordable

Vegan Tofu Shawarma!!

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

Norma's is a great place to go with a few friends to have some wonderful Mediterranean food. I love their Vegan Tofu Shawarma combination platter, which also includes hummus and tabouli. I have been on the search for a good tabouli for a while, and I was very pleased when I found that the tabouli at Norma's tastes fresh and flavorful. Plenty of parsley and fresh lemon juice. Not to mention the tofu shawarma, which is very hearty and plenty to share. I also decided to try the iced mint tea with my meal, and I was not disappointed. Mint is a great complement to the flavors in the meal. Also, leave room for dessert!!! Expect leftovers, and do yourself a favor and order pistachio or walnut baklawa, both have the crisp, sweet crunchiness that makes baklawa absolutely delectable. Another great thing about Norma's is that they clearly label vegan vs vegetarian offerings. I would say the only con would be that the restaurant itself is a bit small. Something that can be easily overlooked for the quality of the food.

Pros: Delicious Food, Clear Menu, Leftovers!
Cons: Small space

Dear Owner and Manager of Norma's Restaurant: