Noorish

Nourish Conscious Eatery and Superfood Elixir Bar houses a cafe, retail, teaching kitchen, yoga and meditation. Noor meaning 'divine light' in Arabic. Offers vegan food, fusion plates, sandwiches salads, raw food, chocolates and sweets, juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Raw, Asian Fusion, Juice bar
8440 109 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 1E2
780-756-6880

Open Tue-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by c0okie
Petesternz
Petesternz

Good food, bit pricey

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

I have been to Noorish many times, and been through many changed menus, so its hard to report on the food overall. Lets start with: i like it. I have had many nice meals there. But I have also had a few underwhelming ones, and all the meals share one thing in common - a high cost. I love their Mac n cheese, and pad thai, but I have also had boring sandwiches, droopy Dahl, and drinks gone awry. Worth a visit, to be sure, but I wish there was greater consistency. Some times, even the same dish varies...

Annabel09
Annabel09

Nice :)

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I come here every few months since they've opened, the food is great, but so far the service is always lacking.

I always end up waiting for a long time for water/food/beverages, anything really, they cannot seem to get anything out in a timely manner even when the restaurant is almost empty, I know their elixirs can take a long time to create but when you only have 2 tables and one already has their drinks it should not take over 20 minutes.

However, since the food and elixirs are so good I always find myself coming back. Try the rose cacao kiss for an elixir and I highly recommend the Bodhi Tree burger or the pad thai with vegan chikn' added !

Pros: Great food, Great Elixirs, Great Location
Cons: Slow Service
KristinaMarie
KristinaMarie

Absolutely love this place

4 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2014

Edmonton is a tough place to find vegan food. Noorish cafe exceeded my expectations. A staff who went above and beyond to take care of me. They were closed for an event for dinner and I happened to be dropped off by my cab just a few moment before they were officially closed. They allowed me to order take out...I must have seemed desperate! Fresh, high quality food, great ambiance and great staff. Enjoyed the quinoa salad, Buddha bowl and the Jing Treasure. Buddha bowl had the perfect amount of spice and made with fresh ingredients. Jing Treasure was worth every penny. Absolutely made my night!

Pros: Great staff, Loads of options, Love the Elixirs
Cons: A bit pricey
JKveg
JKveg

great place

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

I've been a few times and have had great food each time. I look forward to going and trying something new each time. Service is so-so, but lately that is to be expected anywhere! Good food, comfortable atmosphere,reasonable prices.

Pros: great food, healthy options
Cons: parking, small
Jayclassic88
Jayclassic88

The Best!

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

This place is a real treat and Its hard to find anything bad about it. Everything is organic, they even have organic beer. A lot of the items are the typical fat foods that regular people love except replicated in a completely healthy vegan way.
Mac n Cheese, Pizza, Onion Rings, Burgers except their all good for you! Nothing deep fried I think... Amazing flavour and they even have a little shop in the store for super food ingredients and books. They have cooking classes and yoga lessons also. I did have a weird experience there once when I was sitting at the bar the hippy who served me was a real weirdo when I was making an order
he looked into my eyes for a bizarrely long time as if trying to see my soul or something stupid. Very very strange and uncomfortable experience. I'll never forget it but the food was amazing!

Pros: Delicious, Tranquil Atmosphere, Live Music (Sometimes)
Cons: Expensive, Small Portions, Weirdo Bartender.

Rachel16
Rachel16

Best Food Ever

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

This is by far my favourite restaurant. Very healthy raw vegan food that is worth the price. The desserts are to die for. I will definately go there again when I happen to be in Edmonton again.

Pros: Healthy raw vegan food, Great service, Excellent ambience
princesa2_4
princesa2_4

Delicious food but a little pricey

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I have ate at this restaurant a few times, and the food is delicious. The veggie burger is probably the best veggie burger I have ever had, but it is priced at $18. The nachos are so good and great for sharing. They are made in living hemp crackers and quite filling. The restaurant is small in size and the tables are placed really close together. On Friday night, they have live music which is a nice touch. If you go, you have to try the iced dandelion latte... Yummy

Pros: Delicious food
Cons: Pricey, Small restaurant
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Soo good, but sooooo expensive

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

My husband took me here as a treat for my birthday. The food was insane how good it was. I just wish it didn't cost so much. I would love to go back more often but our pocketbook just can't afford it. The atmosphere was different and chill but I wasn't super stoked on many of other patrons attitudes towards us. We had our child with us who was quiet and good the entire time and we don't look like yoga fanatics so we got some pretty crappy stares. Not the restaraunts fault though.

Pros: Super healthy, Great food, Neat creations
Cons: Very pricey, Gets pretty busy, Not very non-yoga patron friendly
almiratanner
almiratanner

High Quality, Delicious Food

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

Noorish's menu is essentially all vegan (they have the options of dairy, but the default is always vegan) and all delicious. I would recommend the bodhi tree burger, the kale salad, and the quinoa salad, but everything is awesome.

Pros: delicious, healthy, unique
Cons: cost
Profound_Raincloud
Profound_Raincloud

An afternoon at Noorish

3 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2012

I have been to Noorish twice. The first time I sat at the window in the front. The staff were friendly and accommodating of my food allergies but the food took a very long time to come with apologies each time of how long it was taking. Also the owner happened to be having a meeting with someone beside me and the conversation was not really appropriate for the guests, topics were not for customers to be listening to. This ruined the atmosphere for me, but the food was great!

Second time I was there was for an event downstairs, so I didn't eat there. But I did have an elixir and it was heavenly!

I liked how willing to accommodate my food allergies they were and I loved the decor and area in the back to look at products to purchase. The food left me feeling fulfilled, although it was a bit on the pricey side. I loved the food, but I am still not sure about the atmosphere of the restaurant but will definitely give it another try.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly
Cons: expensive
c0okie
c0okie

Unparalleled!

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

Noorish is simply amazing. The menu is mainly raw vegan, so newcomers to the raw vegan world may be caught off guard at first - but once you try it, you'll be instantly won over.
The nachos are very interesting. A small portion of pressed hemp chips, covered with raw veggies & "chili cheese", and a side of very tasty "sour cream", "re-fried beans", and salsa, makes this dish delicious and super nutritious - not to mention extremely filling!
Everything I've tried to date is packed with extremely satisfying flavor and nutrients.
The atmosphere is very much as you would expect for a raw vegan restaurant. There's a natural and calm vibe as soon as you enter the restaurant. The tables and chairs are solid wood, with some cushioned seating for a larger group intending to lounge. There's a wonderful dessert case, full of tasty superfood treats. And in the back, there's a section to purchase books, supplements, and handmade jewelery. It's absolutely one of my favourite places to relax and enjoy great food. The price is fairly reasonable, considering the amount of energy & ingredients put into creating these dishes.
The elixirs leave you feeling refreshed every time. A must try for anyone - from raw vegans to meatatarians. They are just that good!

Pros: Amazing Food, Unique Menu, Great atmosphere
Cons: Very busy at times, Seating could be uncomfortable for some, Parking is a challenge at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Noorish: