Nood Food at Pure Yoga Studio

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe linked to a yoga studio. Offers raw food, snacks, cold-pressed juices, and smoothies from 100% organic ingredients sourced locally; cow's milk provided as an option for hot drinks. Large seating area. Reported not 100% vegetarian, June 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Raw, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by greenflubber
Stevie
Stevie

Nood Food at Pure Yoga Studio, Hong Kong

1 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I went to eat at this place a few weeks ago. When I seen the set up of the place I had reservations about how my veganism would be accommodated. I decided to back off and try elsewhere.

If I venture another visit I'll update this review.

Cons: Questionable levels of vegan adherence
greenflubber
greenflubber

Not a veggie-place. Food needs to improve!

1 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

I went to Nood last week for a quick lunch. I had the impression that it is a vegetarian restaurant but it is actually veggie-friendly. There are meat items on the menu, so if you are strictly vegan tread carefully!

I got the small salad box, $58 for three choices. The salad choices look very much like those offered at Mana! - even their kale dressing is the same! Well, let's see if it's as good as Mana!. I picked kale, quinoa and mushroom. I requested for a slice of the pumpkin pesto to try.

Verdict? It was bad. The quinoa was more rice than quinoa, and there was no sign that said it was a blend of quinoa and rice! At Mana!, the sign is clearly displayed, and you get a lot more quinoa than rice which is better value. It just wasn't tasty. The mushroom actually looks promising but after one bite I couldn't finish the rest. It tasted limp and blend. Mushrooms are so easy to cook and bring out the flavour, yet it failed miserably. The kale was ok - but it doesn't even make a vegetarian like me excited. The one piece of pumpkin I had was passable, but nothing to shout about. It didn't taste very fresh, and it seems the pesto did more to mask the taste and texture of the pumpkin.

Water is free; just use one of the stainless steel cups provided. (Again, it's the same concept as Mana! so I really wonder what's going on here...)

I also bought one of the dehydrated flax seeds snacks which was tasty, but far too expensive for me to indulge in everyday. $50 for 8-10 pieces of the flax seeds crackers? Hmm.

In summary, it is a disappointing choice for lunch. I would much rather spend my money at Life Cafe just opposite, where you can get much better quinoa and salad!

Pros: Plenty of choices -sandwiches, hot dish, Free water
Cons: Food is NOT tasty, Salad choices are of poor quality, No originality

Dear Owner and Manager of Nood Food at Pure Yoga Studio: