Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe linked to a yoga studio. Offers raw food, snacks, cold-pressed juices, and smoothies from organic ingredients. Cow milk provided as an option for hot drinks. Large seating area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Raw, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

Stevie
Stevie

Nood Food, Hong Kong

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2015

This establishment is by no means 100% vegetarian. However based on the guidelines on happycow for listing veg friendly places, I understand why someone has submitted this listing.

The food offerings here could be broken down into 3 sections:-

1) There is a salad counter. When I took a look today there was 10 salads on offer. When I asked the gentlemen serving he advised me that 4 of these were vegan. Further the 'V' on the tag in this establishment means 'vegan'.

2) There's a hot food counter. There's clearly an abundance of meat on offer. The offerings for vegetarians are 2 soups and also the potatoes with rosemary and garlic and also the cooked veg. Excluding the meat dishes of course, all 4 of these today were labelled as vegan.

3) There are some fridges offering the likes of sandwiches and salads. As well as vegan labeling where applicable there's also some blurb about raw food.

To be transparent, I always prefer places that are 100% vego (100% vegan even better). I understand though that most of the world has a different view to me. If I am looking for a place to eat as a compromise with someone who won't eat vego, places such as this seem a reasonable choice to me.

Pros: Clear vegan labeling where applicable, A decent option to eat with an omnivore
Cons: Not 100% vego

Dear Owner and Manager of Nood Food: